Thursday, November 21, 2019

Quick Thrifty Thursday

     It was a pretty mundane week in the thrift area, but not an expensive week either. I was feeling a bit under the weather on Saturday, so it was a cheap night home with leftovers for DH., so no spending money going out. Sunday was a family dinner and while my salad had a couple splurges like the pre-made raspberry/cranberry/candied walnut blend (yum) and I shopped at the pricier store, there was plenty for my lunch the next day so a free lunch.  Here's a quick list of other thrifty wins.


  • Used a $5.00 off coupon for a family size pizza from Papa Murphy's.
  • Played free Bingo so our only cost for Friday night for DD1 and I was a couple beers and tip
  • I didn't have a trial size of toothpaste so packed without and just got one from the hotel courtesy stash.
  • I am up much earlier than the breakfast meeting start, so had the complimentary coffee in the room rather than a pricey coffee shop or Dunkin Donuts.
  • I took the wellness quiz to save $5.00 off each copay for doctor visits.
     Nothing phenomenal, but prevented several  leaks. How about you all? Did anyone have any big wins or more leak prevention?

10 comments:

  1. All the small wins add up! We had an expensive week in Hawaii, but should be getting reimbursed for some of the cost (food, etc), which is great. We had an amazing time. A few other wins:
    -I sold an expensive item on eBay
    -I used a discounted Uber gift card to get my parents to the airport, when I was unable to take them
    -I used a Target gift card to buy some supplies while we were in Hawaii

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Being able to use gift cards while on vacation really has to help. Your get away sounds wonderful.

      Delete
  2. Those little things add up quickly to big savings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. More plugging leaks which is really important.

      Delete
  3. Next time you go to the dentist peruse their office for freebies...I got 3 travel size toothpastes that way (plus a big dental bill but oh well). Other than 1 takeout night $17 we ate in this week even though we've been working at our business and painting every day. It would have been super easy to eat out more but we didn't. I get our Costco membership for 14 cents in 2020 due to having a rebate check that is within 14 cents of the membership fee that is due at the same time :) We bought furniture there so it added up this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure why I couldn't find any of the toothpaste around the house. I may have put them in a donation basket we do at work for homeless shelters.

      Delete
  4. The best thing was the glass Pyrex storage dishes I found BOGO at Publix. I put soup in one. When the time came to heat it and let Tommy eat all of it, I just let him eat from the glass bowl. It helped to keep the soup hot while he ate. So, each bowl was about $4 with BOGO price.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pyrex area nice brand. I first read soap-not soup!

      Delete
  5. It makes sense to take advantage of the free breakfast doesn't it. Did you get to use the gym yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't bother the second day and jut used space in m room. It was way to congested. No pool either but we walked 1.7 mile each way to see the Rocky steps.

      Delete

Join the conversation. Your comments are welcome. Dissenting and different opinions are welcome as makes for good conversation. I moderate comments to be sure I read them all and stay ahead of the spam. Advertising products or services without permission will be deleted, as will anything that may be harmful to others-read promotion of debunked "experts" and conspiracies. If you're a blogger, feel free to include your blog URL.