Friday, November 22, 2019

What Does the Weekend Calendar Say?

     Nothing! There is not one commitment on my weekend calendar. Of course I have things that will need to get done and we'll add some social time in there, but as for places with set times and locations, my days are clear. What a difference a year makes. I am not sure yet what I feel about all this unstructured time. I have activities with schedules and of course still have obligations, but those seem like the exceptions as opposed to the norm of past. Do I embrace it, and still load up a major "to do" list or just let things and actions evolve? I'm figuring it out. My mother-in-law has the nine year old twins for the weekend as the parent are heading in different directions for the older kids. I might tag along with her tomorrow as she drives my nephew to his basketball game, and back in the early afternoon. 

     My birthday is Monday and with no Vikings game this weekend. I think I can coax DH out to get some early Christmas shopping and maybe even a matinee. I have a free birthday burger at Red Robin, so a pretty cheap birthday outing while tackling some holiday cheer seems a good plan. Tackling Holiday Cheer-I think that is an oxymoron. I've plans with DD1 on Monday night and then college girl is home later Tuesday night through Sunday morning. I do have a list of what should get done this weekend. I feel organized making lists even if they only get partly done.

  • Get Christmas lights and garland on the porch
  • Tackle mound of clean laundry that has grown on the downstairs table
  • Dust furniture, walls, seep, and vacuum whole house
  • Sort through piles of bold mail to be filed, shredded, or tossed
  • Make my version of meal planning and a grocery list
  • 1purge bathroom vanity-under sink and medicine chest (with DD2 home and DS back in a month, I'll need the space)

     These feel pretty doable if I don't let Blogger, YouTube, or Hallmark lure me away from my tasks. I need my drivers licenses renewed as well, but it close at 3:00 so not sure I can fit in this afternoon and it might need to wait until next Wednesday when I've taken the afternoon off. Silly of me to have waited, but now it may be actually late. Not too smart. And here I was talking about how much spare time I have on may hands. 

10 comments:

  1. Our weekend is equally quiet. The main soccer season has ended, and the boys each just have a tournament coming up. My house is still cleaner than normal thanks to my mom. So, we'll be doing some house pickup, we joined a new gym & need to get that sorted, I still have some bills & mail from our trip, Sam needs to catch up on missing science homework, and then we have our normal chores. Should be a light weekend, & I'm very looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your mom sounds great. Having time after a holiday to get caught up rather than feeling behind is the way to vacation.

      Delete
  2. Very light weekend here. Schools out yesterday and today for conferences, which I stopped attending years ago. If I need to meet with a teacher, I do so. Later today youngest heads to airport about 35 miles north for his first touch-and-go lesson today, but DH will take him. DD may join. I plan on doing a whole lot of nothing--cleaning, wrapping some gifts, surveying the Thanksgiving feast situation. With Thanksgiving so late this year, I may start doing a bit of Christmas decorating. Not sure what our tradition will be in this new house. I've set out a few candleholders and the Christmas quilts I've made. Advent calendars will go on the walls the day after Thanksgiving if not sooner, Advent wreath will get set out when I come across it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Establishing new traditions in your new and forever house will be determined naturally I suspect. You'll find what works and what you prefer.

      Delete
  3. Have a great uncomplicated weekend. My weekend is dedicated to recovery so we have nothing planned. We might take in a movie on Sunday, if I feel like it. It will be in the dark and the bruising and swelling will be hidden, though I have told TheHub if he pisses me off I might call the police and have him arrested. Between the trigger happy dermatologist (freezing benign dark spots on my arms) and the jaw surgery I look like someone put out cigarettes up and down my arm and then beat the crap out of my face and left eye.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What are you thinking of seeing? I'd like to see the Mister Rogers movie-an professional inspirations.

      Delete
  4. Getting my DL always seems to put a kink in everything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't make it, so no it is trying to fit in next week.

      Delete
  5. It's weird isn't it. You've been used to being SO busy and then all of a sudden someone (partially) pulls the plug on all that busyness. I say go with the flow and enjoy your down time, especially as your birthday is coming up! Chores will wait.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll feel better going into the week (a short week here because of the holiday) so best be somewhat motivated.

      Delete

Join the conversation. Your comments are welcome. Dissenting and different opinions are welcome as makes for good conversation. I moderate comments to be sure I read them all and stay ahead of the spam. Advertising products or services without permission will be deleted, as will anything that may be harmful to others-read promotion of debunked "experts" and conspiracies. If you're a blogger, feel free to include your blog URL.