Friday, February 21, 2020

Friday and Thinking of Friends

     I am out of my January blues, even though we have had several biting cold days. There has been sun, and even last night leaving work at 5:40, there was still a bit of daylight. While we cab get snowstorms well into April, the last two years proving that, the added minutes of daylight gives me a bit of a perk. Physically though, I've been a bit more sore-the cold then warm and cold again, hurts my joints. I've had an endless sniffles, sneezing cold, but not the bad cold, for more than a week. It's been like the beginnings or end of a cold, if that makes sense. I'm almost willing myself to not succumb to the really bad stuff, and so far, I have gotten through my  historic two week window of illness. I'm following the news of the Corona virus daily, not because I am nervous, but hoping to hear positive break throughs. As much as it is a news story, and for the most part, far away from my daily life, I am so sorry for those impacted and the families who have not only had quarantine, and illness, but have lost family members. Who cannot have the utmost respect for health care workers that despite their risk, they are still in hospitals and clinics in China, and other places where the virus has been spread, doing the selfless work they do daily. Thank you all. 

     I'm thinking of several friends, one in blog life, and two in person, that are dealing with medical situations of their own. For S, who I consider a  blog friend, I don't currently have a way to message, and missed a comment window, but please know I am thinking of you, and if it helps at all, and even if not. I'm sending as much positive thoughts your way I can muster. For J and F, as I know you are both deep in faith, I have you in my prayers. 

     I have a busy weekend again, and not much time for rest. I am babysitting my great niece tonight and I'm going to bring her to the Science Museum. We'll stop for a sundae or treat on the way home, bringing one for her older brother who I am sure will not want o come with,  and will just stay home. It's rise and shine very early as I am one of three helper drivers to get five siblings and spouses to the airport. They are heading out on a Caribbean cruise Sunday morning or perhaps later Saturday-I'm not sure now. Regardless, they have to be at the airport by 5:15. I would love to be going to, but not this year, so living vicariously through them all. It must be Sunday, because I think they are meeting up with my brother who lives in Florida, though several hours away form where they are sailing from.  

     I'll then try and get my house as clean as possible while DH is at work before we go out tomorrow night to watch the Show Choir finals hosted by our community school. I would have liked to go all day, but too much to do. Not that she will be nosy, but my neighbor s going to come over late afternoon on Saturday to take pup out for his walk.  She has a lovely little guy of her own that tolerate pup, but pup just loves him. Sunday we have our  day trip to visit DD2, enjoy lunch, then hear and see her concert. With DHS being so sick in December, I realized he hasn't heard her sing live since last June. We'll shoot to be out the door by 8:00, and home by 10:30. 

     I'll only get weekend posts if I find some time scraps. I hope your weekend is busy if you want, or quiet if you don't want. The sun is up and temps are warming and it looks like it will be a fine Friday. Have a good weekend. 

4 comments:

  1. I've been out and about pretty much every day this weekend participating in an annual event with my beloved friend and neighbor. She has long, zany work hours, so I rarely get to spend such amounts of time with her. Moreover, both her and my husbands really don't enjoy this event. In any case, we threw in the towel last night, though the event continues through the week. Today, and for the rest of the weekend, I am going to catch up on all the things I feel I let go. Sunday is the premier of "Better Call Saul," so I fully intend to be ensconced on my couch with a son or two by the time it airs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of my trivia friends is a Saul fan and doing the count down. I've never seen. Isn't it nice to catch up with friends?

      Delete
  2. Sounds like your arthritis is trying to rear its ugly head. With your virus that is a possibility. I took a little to dance Wednesday and it was light outside so nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe it is as well. I made sure to alternate sitting and standing yesterday, but full days in my office are hard, so I intentionally use the rest rooms on the far side of the building, and eek, even use the scary stairs to try and stretch as much as possible.

      Delete

Join the conversation. Your comments are welcome. Dissenting and different opinions are welcome as makes for good conversation. I moderate comments to be sure I read them all and stay ahead of the spam. Advertising products or services without permission will be deleted, as will anything that may be harmful to others-read promotion of debunked "experts" and conspiracies. If you're a blogger, feel free to include your blog URL.