Thursday, February 20, 2020

Thrifty Thursday-Little Reporting

This will be another short and brief post. There's not been many savings in any of my focus areas  of time, consumable resources, and money. I've felt sluggish, while having a ton on my work plate so I'm just glad I've not made bad decisions. 


Time 


  • I spent part of my Monday off, though I worked many hours, with my daughter. She came over for lunch-also a financial savings as we didn't go out and ate veggie burgers I had.
  • The weekend was all good family time with my nephews wedding on Friday and the bachelorette do for my niece. I left DH supper so he could have a relaxing night on Saturday after he had such a hectic day and also the day before rushing to get home and changed so we could make the wedding on time.  


Resources


  • I salvaged peppers for really tasty stuffed peppers and rescued pork from the freezer for a couple meals. 
  •  I found a Secret deodorant in a cupboard I had bought for my daughter but it was the gel kind that she doesn't like. I found before I replaced mine which had run out. While not normally my preferred kind either, it worked well and it didn't get wasted. .  

Money

  • I had to be in St Paul super early and then again late on Tuesday-which may be a semi regular thing for the next few months. Desperate for coffee, I used another of the McDonalds coupons and for $1.07 got a breakfast   
  • I now have a parking code for my trips to St Paul, which saves me the work and ensures I don't have out of pocket expenses should I forget a receipt to submit for reimbursement.  
     That was about it. I maybe had a few others, but as predicted this week and the next month is chaotic at home and work. I'll just try not to be wasteful even if I can't really find savings.

8 comments:

  1. It's difficult to really try for savings when you are so busy but you did well anyway. And I got this idiot above too - Peter parker??? Ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I caught his spam and moved it right fast! I think if I don't waste I am saving.

      Delete
  2. Making conscious decisions about not spending money is saving money, even if you can't put an exact price on it. This made even more difficult by a busy life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I agree, and will cut myself slack on this.

      Delete
  3. When I am really busy I feel like my savings go out the window and that is an aggravation. We all do the best we can.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least my extra spending has been on happy things like weddings. Now, the front brakes that I'll need to pay for next month with the Visa, not so nice, but I guess safety is a good thing.

      Delete
  4. Having chicken breasts cooked works for any meal I am away from home. So many times in my past a parking code would have been a gift from above.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The parking code really has been great. I would have spent $27 on three parks in three days without it. Most likely I'll have a good $18 a week from here on through May. Nearly $300 out of pocket is not insignificant.

      Delete

Join the conversation. Your comments are welcome. Dissenting and different opinions are welcome as makes for good conversation. I moderate comments to be sure I read them all and stay ahead of the spam. Advertising products or services without permission will be deleted, as will anything that may be harmful to others-read promotion of debunked "experts" and conspiracies. If you're a blogger, feel free to include your blog URL.