Saturday, July 11, 2020

To Honor a Dear Blogging Friend

     I am writing this blog after a day and 1/2 of relaxation with my daughter, soaking up the sun, and swimming in a beautiful lake. We decided to come home so my sister-in-law, her husband, and my niece who just had the baby two months early, and her husband could have a little family time tonight without others. It was not a sacrifice as we had a lovely time, and know that the stress they all have been under is a lot, and this gives us a night home and a full day tomorrow for life and home admin. I decided to catch-up on blog reading and am heart broken to learn about a fellow blogger, a person I consider having become a very dear virtual friend, has been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. In all her grace, she wrote  a post that overwhelmingly was about love of life. I will hold her in my heart and reread past blog posts and her comments on mine, where she was always positive and helpful, supportive, and kind. She is not taking comments on her last post, though has shared she may still be reading other bloggers. If you read this, know you are loved and are in my prayers. 

13 comments:

  1. I read that blog post as well. While not a blogger myself, I feel as though I "know" her from reading her posts for so long. Sending positive thoughts to her and know that she will be in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too just read her post and am wanting to send her positive thoughts and will be keeping her in my prayers as well. I do not have a blog but want her to know that there are a lot of virtual "friends" that will be thinking of her and sending her hugs and strength.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read her last post, too. It was a sad post but positive, too. I will wonder about her in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too read that post tonight. Definitely sending prayers her way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am just sick over this. I am not a blogger but enjoyed her blog and comments. I am so praying for her.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sad for her, but I know she will fight to stay well. Such a kind and amazing person. It's not fair.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I read that blog post as well this morning. Very sad indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I read her last post as well. It radiates strength and grace. I have read her blog for years and am thinking of her and sending hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was drafting a very similar post. I'm so, so very sad to read that this morning. Sending all of the good thoughts & virtual hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had been out all day and read the blog posts in reverse order, from the most recent to the earliest post of the day. When I read this post I had not yet read hers. I am broken hearted at her news, but am inclined (as requested) to keep her in my prayers. What an amazing spirit she has.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was devasted by her news, she's been a part of my life for years and I feel so helpess, I wish there was something I could do. Her spirit and love of life are incredible. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you my friend, I am going to fight this

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation. Your comments are welcome. Dissenting and different opinions are welcome as makes for good conversation. I moderate comments to be sure I read them all and stay ahead of the spam. Advertising products or services without permission will be deleted, as will anything that may be harmful to others-read promotion of debunked "experts" and conspiracies. If you're a blogger, feel free to include your blog URL.