Tuesday, September 22, 2020

Positively Tuesday the Autumnal Equinox Edition

     The Autumnal Equinox 2020 for those of us in the northern hemisphere. My daily pop-up weather message says "2nd summer. Mostly sunny and warm. Less smoke aloft, bluer sky. High of 81."  And then-how's this for a weather forecast for the first full week of fall. 


Tue
Sunny
81°
57°
Wed
Mostly sunny
82°
61°
Thu
Scattered thunderstorms
74°
58°
Fri
Partly cloudy
82°
60°
Sat
Partly cloudy
73°
51°
Sun
Partly cloudy
69°
50°
Mon
Partly cloudy
63°
48°
Tue
Partly cloudy
57°
43°

     I'm getting two more days of full on summer, a late summer rain, and then more summer through the weekend. Glorious, and harder for me to be melancholy with all the natural vitamin D entering my system. Of course by  stupid charge one day, don't charge the next battery on my work computer makes it iffy when I can work from my porch or deck, but I'll give it a try when I can. It is quiet, for the most part during the day. The kids in the neighborhood must either be at school or in the house doing their on-line portion of the week. I think Wednesday is the  prep day/homework day but I haven't noticed more kids out and about than the other days so far. 

     Yesterday we all received our vote by mail ballots yesterday. I haven't decided if I will vote ahead of time or keep with November 3rd. I like the process of voting in person, but then my polling place, with the exception of the 2008 election, barely has a line and even that was less than 30 minutes if I remember. That was an exciting one as my older daughter had just turned 18 a few days before so waiting with her was extra meaningful. It was my son's first Presidential election, but he was away at college so voted there.  DD2 requested an absentee ballot to be sent to her college , but as of Sunday it had not arrived. Our local races are gearing up with a furry. I hesitate to put up any yard signs as word has it a certain group of people are going around town stealing signs of a certain party. I have not heard if the reverse is true. A friend made up a sign for his dog. Vote for Halo, because  humans suck. It's awesome-big and bold in his front yard. 

     Yesterday was a bit of a mixed bag at work-started out frustrating as all five mail boxes I need to watch, were loaded, including my own. I guess a lot of people used the weekend to catch-up on their own work. I have a major financial report to pull, but was struggling yesterday to get into the right part of the finance system. I eventually set it aside and will tackle with fresh eyes this morning. I ended the day with a couple back to back meetings that were positive. I always say, if I get through Tuesday unscathed, the rest of the week is a breeze. I may not get my Fridays back for a while as pure flex days, but I'm going to aim at least for the afternoons every other week, which would be this one. 

     We have a couple items  we need and others on a want list from the grocery store. For excitement, I think I might do a $30 Aldi challenge tonight and reveal later. Goals you know. I hope you have a positively Tuesday. 

14 comments:

  1. We haven't received our vote by mail ballots yet but I definitely won't be mailing them back if we do get them. I'm hoping to go to a ballot box to drop them off, hoping that will be a safe way to do it. I find myself flipping off inanimate objects these days (the signs, you know the ones) even at my age LOL! I can just imaging someone seeing me and thinking I can't believe what that old lady just did!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We can drop them off right in town and I might do that, if I decide to do early, but I like th efeeling of going to the polls. I need to remind my daughter and her friends to use two stamps to be sure!

      Delete
  2. Just asking if you have pants on.....?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Today yes-Yesterday fro the waste down was a pair of old ratty shorts that should not be seen in public.

      Delete
  3. If the lines are your polling station are traditionally not so long I'd vote in person too but who knows what's going to happen this time around. I think/hope there will be a big turnout!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like the tradition of polling in person on election day, but this year traditions might go out the window.

      Delete
  4. I will use a ballot box to get my ballot in. WA is almost universally mail-in voting. Oh, how I miss the voting booth, but this is safer. My baseline has gone from frustrated to terrified in the past 3 days...
    I love Autumn, though. It makes me so nostalgic for the east coast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was pretty worked up on Friday night, but that might have been a bit of legitimate grief. I realize nothing I can do, other than send 100 e-mails to Senators, to change the course, so I can't let yet once more thing fuel my anxiousness. I have to hope that whoever is appointed, they truly do follow both law, consitution,and precedence.

      Delete
  5. Tommy won't allow signs! At my home there were never more than three people ahead of me. But, I don't know about here, so we both are voting by absentee ballot. We both really do like the process of going to the polls. It was hard to convince Tommy to vote by absentee and then I decided to do the same.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think this year more than ever, letting people make the choice for themselves is essential.

      Delete
  6. I am going to vote at the polls. I like seeing my ballot put into the machine and watching the automatic number of voters counter advance by 1. I am fortunate that I can go at off times when it is traditionally less crowded, and of course I will mask up, wear latex gloves, maintain distance, and use hand sanitizer before I even get back in the car

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With working form home, not a problem there. Except when I was a teacher, I've had flexibility too, but I would go immediately after work and miss the crowds even then. With y daughter ini 2008, we went before she started school as she wanted to wear that sticker proudly!

      Delete
  7. My feller checked the weather this morning & it looks about like yours. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes-Can we not just savour this for a while! We do need a bit of rain though.

      Delete

Join the conversation. Your comments are welcome. Dissenting and different opinions are welcome as makes for good conversation. I moderate comments to be sure I read them all and stay ahead of the spam. Advertising products or services without permission will be deleted, as will anything that may be harmful to others-read promotion of debunked "experts" and conspiracies. If you're a blogger, feel free to include your blog URL.