Saturday, October 3, 2020

Days of our Socially Distanced Lives-Volume 5

     I' m rather enjoying trying to capture a day ot two in pictures. My photography isn't much better, but  sue appreciate the tips so many of you have shared. Onward to volume 5 of my attempt to track what a typical day or two in the my life while trying to follow social distancing and other public health guidance requires. 

Friday, October 2

     It was a very early start Friday morning, having been woke up by pup at some point in the night to be taken out, though I think I did so, and used the bathroom myself, in my sleep! A series of weird dreams and I was wide awake by 5:00 so just decided to get up. I did the Friday W post and put a start to this one as well. On checking Facebook and Twitter, I a saw the news that Rump a wife tested positive. Well that's a change of event. It's no secret to my readers that I detest the man and his conman ways, but I wouldn't wish this virus on my worst enemies. I popped on news sites off and on and texted with my son a bit throughout the morning. 


     I had tried just heating up the leftover coffee, but it was horrid. I made Keurig cup. It is working, but not great, By 7:00 both DH and pup were up. He (pup not DH) was taken out and fed, eating while I took my pills and got ready for my work day to begin at 7:30, over a bowl of yogurt and granola with a long list of must completes on my to do list. I was really casual this Friday- cropped jeans and fuzzy slippers and a big white cable knit sweater. This was just to try and test out my self picture taking skills. 


     Lunch was an egg salad sandwich. I also tossed ingredients in the crock pot for chili. I had reserved 1/2 the pound of hamburger, but decided to put in later and texted DD1 to come over for supper before we took a walk. (I ended up not using it at all). I got back to work by 1:00 and was steady until 5:00 when I called it a day, a week, and ready for vacation. My daughter had come over about 4:30 and played with pup for a bit. Of course pup was ready for his afternoon walk as soon as I set my computer aside. I also made some "pigs in a blanket" with some remaining hotdogs and colby, and crescent rolls. though vegan, DD2 chose to just have chili. I made it a little to spicy for DH's palate, so glad he could have the hotdogs. It got cold and damp again, and we never did get another walk in, but watched The Devil Wears Prada, but our daughter went home shortly after it started. I had a Mikes Hard Lemonade while we watched the excessively commercial filled movie. With an early start to the day. we both went to bed fairly early.  

Saturday, October 3

Indoor aquarium greets shoppers.

Another nod to the great north.


     Another poor night of sleep had me up stupidly looking at Facebook in the middle of the night. I ended up oversleeping, and my daughter called me to see where I was. I quickly got ready and we drove across the metro to the Scheel's MN Blogger event. Full disclosure, the items  were gifted but the thoughts are our own. It was pretty interesting to see the large department store, which price wise, is comparable to  stores that carry equivalent brands and quality such as Cabela's or Dicks, but it also had interesting twists that would make it a fun destination for a whole family. There were several photo ops-check me out below as a Minnesota Viking. I couldn't hurt this year. Or possibly, they could use the hep of the Lego Viking in the toy store area. 

My new career?

Lego Viking




Sample of Minnesota themed t-shirts.

     It was nice to learn it is an employee owned store, with another branch in Fargo, and two more that will open in Colorado Springs, Colorado and Missoula , Montana. Here's a few more pictures.

Indoor hockey rink to try out new skates.



And of course, no Minnesota outdoor store is really complete
wihtout a not to Paul and Babe, the blue ox.

     Even though they had bakery goods when we walked in. it as awkward to try and eat and walked while wearing masks, so we both passed. We were ready for coffee, and stopped at a Panera and had underwhelming coffee and oddly, an overbaked cinnamon crunch bagel. We brought one for my niece, and got her a Caribou as the girls were going to file their paperwork with the IRS for their new venture. You can follow them on Instagram-posts to come. 

The swag bag was pretty sweet...

but not as sweet as the gifted fudge.

     After they finished, we took advantage of being near a couple Trader Joe's and time it perfectly to be able to go right in. I knew the items I wanted and so did she so we were in and out quite quickly. We then went to a Mike's Discount  Outlet. She had been there before and found some good deals, and was hoping to find some vegan options she has seen posted on some sites she follows. Really, we only found snack foods, good quality, and stocked up for  the month. I also grabbed some things to take along tomorrow to our youngest, like Hippeas, Cheeseballs, and some Late July brand tortilla chips. The best deals were perhaps the 22   pods of Starbucks for the Keurig for $5.99, and a four  pack of Chobani Greek yogurt for $1.49. Worth a look if we are in the area or passing through, but not worth a special trip perhaps.


     We grabbed some burritos, since I am on vacation, and had a late lunch at her hosue. I borrowed a good stack of movies to bring along with us-a few classics and newer movies I think DH would enjoy. Back home, I unloaded, got pup outside and got a couple things done after playing all day! I worked on this post after throwing some laundry in an du ton a good round three match from Roland Garros. It must be cool as both players are in leggings and sweatshirts-What a finish for the American, down in the third set by four games and came back to win the set and match. I love a good sports match. I also love the evening shots of Paris. We didn't stay too far from the Roland Garros tennis center our first week in Paris two years ago. 

     That was about the extent of my afternoon. I folded towels, and will still fold the two small loads. Tonight I'll bake a  batch of pumpkin bread to take to the college kids along with the snacks. I want to iron on embroidery transfers as well since I'll have time in the car tomorrow and to bring with us on Monday. That is my day-a little short end to an off week in politics, and a Blogging Bash way to launch my time off. How about you? How is your weekend shaping up so far?


4 comments:

  1. After going shopping yesterday, and running fever the day before, I stayed home and barely did anything. But, I may bake some blueberry muffins later. I wish there were a blogger event in AL. Did you meet many new bloggers?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The picture of you is really cute and I notice with this pic you have normal length legs.
    I am not sure if your Keurig issues are the same ones I have form time to time but I have a marvelous tool that helps with my Keurig. I pull a paper clip apart so I have a straight end that is about 2 inches long. If you stick that into the little tube where the water come out (the sharp point that pierces the k-cup) and kind of wiggle it around then run a few cups of plain water (no cups) through the Keurig it helps a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that picture of you as a Viking - very fetching - and with your white sweater you and pup could be twins!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really Mr. Bunyan is a must in all places?

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation. Your comments are welcome. Dissenting and different opinions are welcome as makes for good conversation. I moderate comments to be sure I read them all and stay ahead of the spam. Advertising products or services without permission will be deleted, as will anything that may be harmful to others-read promotion of debunked "experts" and conspiracies. If you're a blogger, feel free to include your blog URL.