Saturday, November 28, 2020

Saturday Morning Flashback

     Later I will post Days of Our Socially Distanced Life, but for now, I'll share for those that care to go down memory lane with me, my post from November 28, 2019. It was Thanksgiving it seemed and I think we went to my sisters house-maybe DH's Cousin perhaps. I don't recall. I do remember all the things included on this post that are not part of this year. No going out for multiple birthday meals the weekend before my birthday. It was only DH and I at home that weekend and I had several birthday meals. The college kid didn't come home until the night before Thanksgiving and our older daughter could be out and about effortlessly with her friends. The sadness hit when I read we had used some of my points to help DS reduce the cost of his  plane ticket for Christmas. That's not happening this year and hard to say when we will see him in person again. I know money speaks-it has all along with professional sports teams getting testing at the snap of their fingers, so assume vaccine distribution is likely to work that way as well. Maybe he'll be on the front end because the industry he works in has deep pockets and relies on  their crews to get their productions back up and running. That's selfish of me to think that way, but it has popped into my head. 

     One good thing about looking back, is eventually I'll look back at all these weeks of Stay at Home, and it will be on a day when we have outside fun and  connections with people planned. 2020 will be a year in the history books (and maybe 2021). 


Sam, Coffee, Money, & Thyme: Thrifty Thursday on Thanksgiving: Happy Thanksgiving! As we get closer to Christmas and my wallet will get a work out, I'm much more aware of when I...

16 comments:

  1. That would be tough not seeing your son for so long but you're right, one day we will be able to look back on these difficult times and say "we made it"!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want my kids to get their lives back the most. That's the bug sadness.

      Delete
  2. Not seeing family is so hard. Fingers crossed your son is able to get a vaccine quickly and/or be tested & allowed to travel to visit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll settle for him just being able to resume a normal life; my daughters too.

      Delete
  3. I was sad for the holiday this year too as we didn't spend it with friends and family. My brother, sister, and I were in a three way chat parts of the day and that just seemed to add to the sadness. I hope you will be able to see your soon very soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im not finding peace in zoom either. It just feels like napping is a better choice some days!

      Delete
  4. I'm sorry you weren't able to have your son home for Thanksgiving. I sure hope by this time next year we can all be living our lives normally again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's Christmas he comes home for, but not tbus year. I'll settle for normalish!

      Delete
  5. I haven't seen my Mom since March since I work in a hospital. It's been very hard so I can imagine how you're feeling. 2020 has been very challenging to say the least.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That must be so hard. I know you're doing the safe thing but not comforting.

      Delete
  6. This has been a strange year, but I believe that brighter days are ahead. I hope you will be able to see your son soon.
    Can you share what your son does in the industry? I know there are privacy concerns so I understand. My college kid's dream is to work at wetaworkshop. He had planned on doing an exhibit internship at the Smithsonian last summer, but the virus derailed that. I sure hope that next year will be better...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He works un television and film, but crew and priduction focus varies. He's trained in camera, sound, and just what needs done when small crews.

      Delete
    2. Sounds exciting! Perhaps you can let us know when it is released.

      Delete
    3. He works on a lot of projects, so nothing specific to share a release date. This includes commercials, reality TV, documentaries. He hopes to be part of more films, but when the industry isn't shut down, he was just building a solid portfolio of credits. It's a tough industry anyway, and the pandemic absolutely sucks for him.

      Delete
  7. It will be so good and liberating when it ends.
    Now we mustn't be hasty or it will delay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree-need to keep the course, and keep each other safe.

      Delete

Join the conversation. Your comments are welcome. Dissenting and different opinions are welcome as makes for good conversation. I moderate comments to be sure I read them all and stay ahead of the spam. Advertising products or services without permission will be deleted, as will anything that may be harmful to others-read promotion of debunked "experts" and conspiracies. If you're a blogger, feel free to include your blog URL.