Tuesday, January 5, 2021

Tuesday Kind Of Day in a Tuesday Kind of Week

     With working late last night, 1st Monday of the month evening call, I intend to log off by 5:00 tonight. In efforts this year to create more boundaries between my home and the work day, I started last week to make a decisive end of day time, log off, and shut the lap top. I was in a habit of keeping it open, not fulling logging out until  those that start later in the day were ending-just in case. If there was anything urgent, I certainly can be reached by call or text, but by not logging off, I was letting work creep into my evenings in my home. I'm a bit off with what  week is my flex week-I think it is this Friday, but it has been so long since I took a true flex day.

     But with DD2 home just until the weekend, I'll either take the flex day Friday, at least in part, or a 1/2 a vacation day. We won't necessarily do anything exciting, but I can help her get packed, find any lingering laundry, and just hang out. Regardless, I need to grocery shop for some of her favorites for the week, and for her to take back. I made curry yesterday, and not with a jarred sauce, since I had the ingredients. I stopped on my way hone from my walk on Sunday to at least restock a few fresh food necessities. A portion is frozen and she will likely have some for lunch today. 

Just because he's so darn cute.

     I only left the house yesterday to give pup a walk. His fur is already getting sort of fluffy and soft again. If his ears were different, he'd almost look like a yellow lab puppy, instead of the cranky almost 10 year old he is. He's going to be confused again when college girl goes back and he'll just have me again all day long. I'm going to try and do a yoga or strength video on days I can fit in a true lunch break, but also get him outside during the day as well at least on the days it is not bitter cold. We had a perfect winter weekend, sunny and mid to high 20's, but those will be few and far between in January and February. I'm not sure what I did though, but lt night I had a flare up of my knee to the point the pain was so bad, I had tars. I used a lot of icy hot, took my arthritis meds, and then kept an ice pack on it to sooth the throbbing. It seems back to  normally slight pain I always have, but not toe curling pain. 

     I have 2/3rd of the book, The Vanishing Half  to finish before Friday's Book Club, so a good reason to keep the screen time off, though I will technically have a screen as I have the E-book version. I'm starting to put things in my calendar, even if they end up being a no-go, but feel like I need to take back any control I can. I started doing this last night after my Web-Ex meeting last night. On the calendar I'll add meals we've had and in efforts to do better with self care, will put things like "manicure" or color hair. First though, I need to get through a jam packed scheduled day at work. I'll leave you with a few winter walk photos. It sure feels like a Tuesday in a Tuesday kind of week. 

A few walkers have started to trample
 down the path by the pond.

Pup, with his  fur growing back, is loving his  walks.
I gave up trying to get booties and sweater on him. 

Lots of critter tracks across the frozen and snowy pond. 


22 comments:

  1. Wow, that first photo could have been taken down the back yard of my ex-MIL's house in PA. How pretty. I hope your knee feels better soon. That's tough!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The snow does have a certain beauty. The knee is still off, but not in such awful pain, so the ice really helped.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful pictures. We've only had a slight dusting of snow so far. I've been planning too. I figure if it doesn't end up being possible at least I tried. Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It feels good writing don things on the calendar, even of just reminders to get a bday card in the mail!

      Delete
  3. Those are beautiful photos. Thanks for sharing your very different (from me, anyway) winter scene with us. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My son said he missed not getting his does of cold and snow this year. Well, he has the time-maybe he'll do a drive to the mountain area where there is snow.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful photos. I am so looking forward to snow this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When do you usually get snow? I don't think of Turkey as getting snow, except in mountains-how little I know about Turkey.

      Delete
  5. Love the photos of the snow. Here it is just grey and muddy. We are supposed to have a few snow showers later but I doubt if any of it will stick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IF my daughter goes on Sunday, we talked about getting the sleds out and going to the sledding hills on Saturday. I could quickly regret it though!

      Delete
  6. Enjoy the week with your daughter Sam. Love the beautiful photos, but I sure couldn't handle the cold. I hope your knee is all better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Walking the dog last night was actually very nice, I had hat, boots, mitts, coat of course and it was so calm and peaceful in the snow. I don't like the bitter cold, but this kind of cold, I can handle.

      Delete
  7. What lovely photos! I thought your dog was a puppy, he looks so young and cute. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's my baby boy, I say! he's cute with all his moppy fur, but with the short fluff, just so puppy like. I was happy I had my camera in my pocket while walking to snap a couple pieces of the calm pond.

      Delete
  8. Pretty snow and cute pup! We aren't getting any snow :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the right amount of snow-good for sports, not overwhelming. I'm sure we'll get hit some more. Isn't he a little cutie.

      Delete
  9. I love that your pup still looks like a puppy at 10 years of age. We lost our 15 year old bichon almost two years ago and go back and forth on getting another dog. Seeing cute pooch pictures makes me want to get another one! ColoradoGirl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We waited five years after our golden passed away before getting him. I am so glad we did while I moved from an active house to being an empty nester, and then the working form home I would have been so lonely wihtout him. But, I think he will be our last pet as we want to travel in retirement and I hate using kennels.

      Delete
  10. Woke up to an inch of snow that I certainly wasn’t expecting. Roads were not great in some places as it was still coming down. It’s been off and on all day but mostly melting. I love other people’s dogs but we aren’t home enough to justify getting our own. Yours looks like a cutie! JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stay safe! I hope the roads clear soon after the snow ends. Pup will probably be our last pet, but he has been my boy since working from home.

      Delete
  11. He is a cute little pup. I am sure he will just be your shadow when your daughter leaves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My baby boy! He has his dog bed right by my desk.

      Delete

Join the conversation. Your comments are welcome. Dissenting and different opinions are welcome as makes for good conversation. I moderate comments to be sure I read them all and stay ahead of the spam. Advertising products or services without permission will be deleted, as will anything that may be harmful to others-read promotion of debunked "experts" and conspiracies. If you're a blogger, feel free to include your blog URL.