Monday, March 15, 2021

Feeling Good Monday-Focused on End in Sight

      I find myself a little obsessive over my personal email in box these days. That's the email used for both DH and me to let us know when our turn for a vaccine will come, which doesn't really mean much more other than that becomes an option for  ID that you are in the current group. We both have medical "proof" so can book on our own, if appointments are found. I'm heart sick for Italy again having to go into another lock down-so very little momentum on vaccines and the new variants exploding in transmission again. An American  YouTuber in France, who I credit with a lot of my planning work before our trip nearly three years ago now (wow!!), said the roll out is very slow there that he can tell. He even shared that if it looks easy to get in the US, he might flow back to combine a trip to see his family with the vaccine. That seems doable if the news is right. Our latest  update is that want the vaccine will be able to access by the end of May. That is good news for us, and I hope that means the same for the rest of the world. 

     Until then, what will I do to try to push through by Covid Crabbiness? First, with the weather getting nicer (though snow is back in the forecast), getting outside as much as possible is a must. I took pup for a short walk yesterday, just enough to take care of his needs. I decided, though pokey, to count the number of steps out my door, down the street, around to the next cul de sac, and back home through the park. It was 850 steps, give or take a couple. I'm  a number geek, and counting, math problems, calculations, is soothing to me. Using this as a base, I can try and calculate out using distances, various routes and how many steps I would get in. Sure, I could get a FitBit, or another tracker, but where's the fun in that! My daughter and I got out to the river wit hthe falls and the old rail road bridge and took pup. She took this picture for me through the fencing, but quite  difference in the flowing river form last month. It was very muddy off the  bike paths, so we stayed dry, but pup sure got a nose full from what would have been hundreds of dogs over the previous two days. 





     Saturday my knee was yelling by the time I got done with my walk with three of the mom's. My friend G was feeling it in her hips and lower back. J and S, spunky gals, one who works with kids so is always on the go, could have walked twice as far. We're going to try and make this a regulars weekend thing-finding new routes  perhaps. That will help G and I build up our stamina again. The park was packed with walkers, but so large, there was a lot of distance between groups, and we too could be socially distanced from each other. 

     My friend S has had her first dose, being that she works in a school. J is scheduled for her first one the other J couldn't make it, but as a child care worker during the week, she was able to get hers as well. I also got a text that two sisters got the Johnson and Johnson version, so my circle is getting protected, person by person. I'll spend a little down time again trying to see if I can get DH in. So that's me trying to focus on the end being in sight, rather than still being home. It will be July before we start phasing people into the office, so I'll make the most of getting to take these impromptu walks when I have some downtime, not feeling bad about that considering how long I spend logged in. I hope your Monday starts off a positive week, and you and yours stay healthy. 

28 comments:

  1. Our town has a population of about 15000. Probably a little less now but we have done almost 9000 vaccines so far. I'm actually a little surprised at how well we're doing. The goal is to hit 10,000 by Friday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's a great result-and a lot of progress. You must be close to all your adults.

      Delete
  2. The vaccination situation in France really is poor. If I leave it to France I don't see getting the vaccine this year personally. Since I'm also in Switzerland I can book and cross the border to get my vaccine if I want but I'm just going to sit it out and wait. As from today we can go down to the local pharmacy and sign up (or I can sign up for Geneva on line), but at my age and given that I have no comorbidities who knows when it'll come through. Good thing I don't stress about it though. It'll happen when it happens!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I stress for DH. as I have since last March since he works out of the house and comes in contact with people who he'd never know are carriers and people push the mask issue.

      Delete
  3. my Monday started off positively with my first vaccine shot.
    It felt good to get it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you have minimal side effects and I am happy for you!

      Delete
  4. Glad you've been able to get in some walking time, I always feel better after my daily walk. I too am focusing on the end being in sight. It doesn't bother me to be at home but now we're going to have some financial catch up to do. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'll have to be tight for a while-DH's salary loss was hard with a kid in college and trying to get cash saved for his pending retirement.

      Delete
  5. Seeing what is happening in Italy and hearing Germany is also experiencing a third wave makes me nervous. Not that I wouldn’t love a break from work ;) A friend texted this morning to say her uncle passed away. He was in the hospital from Covid but was improving and to be discharged soon, only to have a fatal heart attack. They’ll never know if they were directly related but one would have to assume. The weather is up and down this week but steady in the 60’s next week I put away my big snow brush, we’ll see if that jinxs us. I have an older iPhone with the health app and there’s a step counter built in, not sure if your phone has anything similar. Looking back, you could see when I stopped working last year. Nearly 10000 steps a day on my last day and then like 500 for the week after that lol. I desperately need to start walking again but it’s so windy and I don’t do well with the wind. Hurts my ears and makes my nose run so I’m trying to be patient. I did squeeze in a quick 10 minute walk on my break last week when temps went to near 70*. JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I figure if I take at least three good hearty walks a week, and add an extra pup 850 walk to his daily 3X that walk, Ill be in a much better lace by summer health wise. My darn knee though sometime sis throbbing just after Pups regular walk, about 2500 steps long.

      Delete
  6. I had my first shot two weeks ago. Second in two weeks. As an educator, I'm now eligible, buy I had to go thru Walgreens as my health clinic keeps running out. A sister just diagnosed with cancer, she's fully vaccinated. Soon I can be with her. I hope your DH can get in soon, and then not too long out for you. Stay well, Celie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our turn will come, but I keep looking for him-haven't yet today though.

      Delete
  7. The US is doing really well in rolling out the vaccines! That's fantastic that you're so close! In Canada, we are behind the curve - I hope to get my first shot sometime in June-July (yes, that's how slow we are!). My 75 year old mom has not yet had one!

    We're now allowed to meet outdoor with up to 10 people, so that's a huge relief, but I'll feel a LOT better when we can get our "jabs" (as Vix says). Take care and have a good week, Sam! Well done on your walking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think that is right on a world front. No adults over 70, and for sure 75 should not be waiting still.

      Delete
  8. It is interesting to me the way states are handling their vaccine rollouts so differently. I have been fully vaccinated for a bit over a month now, yet I have a friend (same age group) in another state who is not yet eligible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does vary a lot. I also think some of the states getting to less vulnerable, are letting power talk and leaving behind too many elderly and those with chronic health issues.

      Delete
  9. I hopeful for a vaccine this week (due to my health condition). We've had a lot of vaccine shortages, so we'll see if it happens. Fingers crossed.

    And, my friend get togethers are almost always walks, hikes, etc. I love it. Free, gives us a chance to catch up, good for COVID times, and a great chance to fit in a work out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for you! I like CA getting more vaccines of course-personal priority for my son getting to work regularly on the projects that were lucrative and be in the public again

      Delete
  10. I always much preferred riding my bike or running up and down our stairs to second story than walking. It seemed I walked all the time some days. I was never sedentary. But, now, a sedentary life is sort of forced on me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe keep trying your small walks. Sedentary can't be good, and the distance might not matter as much as just doing something.

      Delete
  11. I have had both doses and feel incredibly lucky to have had them. I will still be very careful and avoid contact with most people.
    Fingers crossed that you and your husband can get yours quickly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you-I'll take the good luck. We just have a lot of interest, and sites fill up so quick.

      Delete
  12. As poorly as this pandemic was handled by our late administration I have to say the roll out is going well. There were a few hiccups, and I am sure there will be more. I feel very bad for the people in Europe, but if more is not done over there they will go into a third year of this mess. The plague was 3 years to some normalcy and the SPanish flue 2 years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IT does feel like America is getting more than our share-even if still not enough. It makes me sad for the world.

      Delete
  13. Keeping the end in sight is a more positive, less tiring train of thought.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm glad you managed to squeeze in a walk.
    We didn't expect to get our jabs so soon (3 hours to go!) but our town has just opened a big vaccine hub in a derelict superstore and they have the facilities to vaccinate 5000 a day! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I' happy for you! We will get them when we can.

      Delete

Join the conversation. Your comments are welcome. Dissenting and different opinions are welcome as makes for good conversation. I moderate comments to be sure I read them all and stay ahead of the spam. Advertising products or services without permission will be deleted, as will anything that may be harmful to others-read promotion of debunked "experts" and conspiracies. If you're a blogger, feel free to include your blog URL.