Tuesday, April 27, 2021

Positively Tuesday and Silly Dogs

      On Tuesday's, I am a grumpy soul when I wake up. There is so much left  of the work week. My list of what needs to get accomplished this week, made on Monday's generally is full and overwhelming, and I just struggle with the rhythm of getting going. This is why I picked Tuesday for capturing 10 things that give me simple pleasures, make me smile, maybe even laugh.  In no particular order other than how I though t them, here's my list for April 27th.

  1. This guy. Yes, that is a pile of what was folded clothes he's lying on. I didn't know where he went yesterday when I ran to get my haircut. I had folded a few loads of clothes early, but hadn't put them away yet. He must have crawled up the back of the couch and onto the table to look at something and thought, hmm, this feels cozy. We keep finding him in  different places. A favorite lace lately has been in a corner of DD2's room, between a books case and a chair.His fur is full on fluff and teddy bear again. We'll be able to get his next grooming in mid June. 
  2. I'll keep on yesterday for a minute-getting my hair cut-probably at least 10 inches. I did take a before picture and I'll get an after one and post at some point. I'm choosing to laugh a tthi spart. I had not been to this  stylist before, and she did a good job-ti was a long job to cut so much hair, thin it out, undercut so I gave her a very good tip. After signing, I realized she gave me the senior discount. At first I thought it was mabe 55+, but nope 65+. I did mention during the cut I was starting to look like an old gray haired hippy-so maybe...I'm going to think she just hit the wrong key, and she was quite embarrassed when I said I think I'm a decade too early for the discount. 
  3. Seeing the changes my daughter made to her home and not spending much at all was a simple pleasure. It was also motivating and I have  a few ideas myself. 
  4. Like-getting the centerpiece/table runner that is very fall colored swapped for this lighter piece. I will change the bowl on Saturday.

  5. My younger daughter called me for help on Sunday with a cover letter for an internship she is applying for for fall, recommended by her advisor. It made me smile to have her both reach out, and that her first draft was really quite good-DD1 was with when she called and we both gave just a couple suggestions. 
  6. Aldi had the  cranberry chicken salad on Sunday! Trader Joe's was restocked with Palak Paneer. I will say no more. 
  7. The really cold rainy day yesterday gave me an excuse for perhaps the last pot of soup until fall. I used the tortellini, and had splurged on Sunday for half and half, and loaded with chicken and vegetables, it was pure comfort. 
  8. And, because I bought  the cream for the soup, I have it for my morning coffee. I've been just using milk, which is fine, but nothing brings out the richness of a good brew like real cream-even if half and half. 
  9. Despite the round of cold again, things are green, and the trees have that baby bud thing going on. It's so pretty, and I love seeing the progression almost day to day. 
  10. And last but definitely not least, knowing both DH and I are fully vaccinated. 

     I am hoping as more and more decide to protect themselves by choosing to be vaccinated, we'll continue to see the case counts lower. Yesterday Minnesota had no Covid deaths, which sadly did not happen since a day in November. Tragically though, and this may be those variants, a first grade child passed away on Sunday. Children under 16 and still many adults for health reasons cannot yet get the vaccinated. I sure hope those that can will, but I'm not going to beat you all over the head with my opinion. There's simple pleasures everywhere from silly dogs thinking laundry  is their new bedding (and that'll teach me to not put it away after folding), to real cream in coffee! It's another cool and rainy day today, but as the saying goes, April's showers bring those May flowers that I am excited for. Have a positively Tuesday wherever you are and however your day finds you. 



15 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Not sure-She kept for possible donation and needed to see who accepts what type of hair.

      Delete
  2. Lots to be happy about here Sam. I have been given the senior discount before, but I just graciously accepted lol. I know I look old for my age so I'll just take that as a bonus!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I laughed-I really think she must have hit the wrong key, but maybe I really was looking older than my years. Normally I get, unless it is fake, comments that they think I am at least 5-7 years younger than I am.

      Delete
  3. I am not a good morning person either, and I have seriously been thinking of cutting my hair, but it will soon be the season to have it up so maybe not. Love or i should say enjoyed your joys, especially the puppy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made sure to keep enough length that I can still pull back in a pony tail on the really hot sticky days. Twisting and putting up, it was getting so heavy.

      Delete
  4. I had to laugh when your hairdresser gave you the senior, SENIOR, discount (I'm sure she hit the wrong button though)! I was standing behind a couple at the supermarket when the cashier asked if she was pregnant (she certainly looked it) because if so she should come to the head of the line. When she said that she wasn't I was mortified in her place, although she didn't seem bothered!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know what I would feel worse-the age mistake or the pregnant mistake. What if it was both-the pregnant, senior SENIOR! Now I am getting a good chuckle. If you can't laugh with people, laugh at myself.

      Delete
  5. What an excellent list of positives. I feel your pain at your dog sleeping on the clothes....our cat has snoozed on the shirts I ironed yesterday for my husband which he hasn't put away yet!! Arilx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think he might be feeling off. Maybe he thought that was a good position to see me and every move.

      Delete
  6. Lots of positives there SAM, though you definitely don't look like you qualify for an over 65 discount!!
    We enjoyed K and A's company on Saturday, the bedroom decorating is finished, and I'm to have a repeat brain scan, a scan of my spinal cord and a lot of blood tests, so some progress is being made at last!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be sending you positive thoughts that all tests come back well, and with answers to keep you feeling well. I'm so glad you had a nice BBQ day and got to see your daughter and SIL. I can't wait to see my son again. I'm guess Christmas might be when it could be possible, and that will be two years.

      Delete
  7. I been total watching spring come about, it been a pure joy.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have a hill that as you drive down, you see the growth-it gives me a smile when ever we come into town. I'm not going anywhere lately, so might just have to drive to get that cheap thrill.

      Delete
  8. Your dog sounds like my kitty Vizzini! He is always finding new places to hide and sleep, and laundry is always a favourite. It's amazing how much comfort and solace our furry fam gives us.

    How nice that your daughter reached out to you. I bet you were proud at how well her letter already was.

    The green and blooming of spring is such a mood-lifter. Here's to getting vaccinated - most of Canada is still not gotten our first shot. I'm hoping that I'll be booked in the next week...

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation. Your comments are welcome. Dissenting and different opinions are welcome as makes for good conversation. I moderate comments to be sure I read them all and stay ahead of the spam. Advertising products or services without permission will be deleted, as will anything that may be harmful to others-read promotion of debunked "experts" and conspiracies. If you're a blogger, feel free to include your blog URL.