Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Bagels and Bananas

An anomaly occurred today at work.  We hosted a 9:00 a.m. meeting with a huge room of early childhood folks, the kind of people that rarely get  to sit for five uninterrupted minutes let alone sit, and enjoy a breakfast. We were gracious hosts, providing bottomless coffee, bagels ,bananas, and a fruit bowl.  At the end of the meeting, very little food had been eaten.  This is so unlike our full staff meeting where grazing is down to crumbs. Coffee on the other hand was drank by the gallons. They were all going back to the kiddos after all. This meant lots of leftovers in the kitchen.  Bread of any kind is my weakness.  Make that bread in the form of a bagel, smothered with delicious  cream (make that dream) cheese and I am a goner.  I added  half a bagel, slathered with vegetable cream cheese to my lunch.  I felt I needed a pick me up at 4:00 before finishing a report, and that other half was calling my name.  To round both treats out, I also ate 1/2 a banana.  Pup will get another long walk tonight-I have carbs to burn. 

An unexpected pleasure happened post meeting.  Two former staff were at the meeting in their  roles as administrators.  Both these women were delightful employees, and wonderful to see them doing so well in their current work.  I was just in the meeting for moral support to my staff, who did an awesome job with their presentation, so I hadn't seen the rsvp list.  One was expecting her first child, so doubly wonderful. All in all, today was about as good a work day as one could have.  I may have broken my Tuesday dud day curse. 

My reverse Advent catch up includes the following since and including Saturday:
extra donation at Dakota Pioneer Village (I will share some on that soon)
socks for Fill the Red Stocking
Diet Coke for a coworker needing their own pick me up
extra school supplies- pens, pencils erasers, sent with my daughter to leave in her first class

I also was on the receiving end of  delightful gift bag from the staff in one of my departments.  As much as my job is challenging me in so many areas, the immediate people I work with are hard working, talented, and kind.  There just might have been coffee and chocolate in that bag. How is your week going?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the conversation. Your comments are welcome. Dissenting and different opinions are welcome as makes for good conversation. I moderate comments to be sure I read them all and stay ahead of the spam. Advertising products or services without permission will be deleted, as will anything that may be harmful to others-read promotion of debunked "experts" and conspiracies. If you're a blogger, feel free to include your blog URL.