I periodically call out my five best and worse attempts at thrift. To end on positive notes, I'll reverse order and start with budget blips.
1. Backed up sink and had to buy drain unclogger that didn't work. Roto Rooter is next call.
2. Went out, unplanned, for supper Friday spending $53 on a delicious dinner, but made of items we mostly had at home.
3. Had to throw out a good two portions of soup pushed to back of fridge and forgotten.
4. Splurged twice on coffee out plus apps and drinks twice this week.
5. Filled car without a gas coupon.
And the wins...
1.Found reduced pumpkin, coffee, and nutrition bars, all needed items.
2.Melatonin prescription vitamin was on sale plus had a $1.00 coupon.
3. Used free Sabra Hummus voucher and batched cooked.
4. Avoided a third coffee out and had it at home with my daughter. Also we all ordered water for dinner.
5. Saved DD2 money by sending her home with baking dish and a few oranges that were likely more than we could use.
Little things add up, but I hope my wins counter the blips and I stayed even. Probably not with all the food and drinks out but I have high hopes for the coming week.