Tuesday, May 2, 2017

It's Tuesday-Affirmative!

 

I'm crap at coming up with regular series blog post titles, but think I've landed on calling my Tuesday posts, It's Tuesday-Affirmative! Once each week I log at least five things that are affirming for my sense of health and well being. I get in funks and know some weeks it is a struggle to think of things, this one being one of those weeks, so join me at the end and add your own please. 

1. DD2 is overly stressed right now with work, her friends wedding (which thankfully is over on Saturday), her former boyfriend, and just trying to make a life for herself away from home. I messaged an old friend from high school who lives in her general area to find out about networking opportunities in her community for young professionals and those in the arts, just on a hunch she might know of such things. Almost immediately friend, who I haven't really spoken to since our last high school class reunion in any detail, got back with a person for my daughter to connect to, big in the arts community, plus an invitation for dinner for DD. My friend said people think of her in her town as a connector, so I guess I reached out at the right time to the right person. Real friends, no matter the time or distance, still are there. 

2. I'm so far feeling good, not deprived, on my latest healthier eating attempt. I'm holding off weighing myself more than one time per week, so I don't get discouraged by the ups and downs, but generally, feel like this time I might have success dropping the pounds I must. 

3. I found a new cool outside yard game for my nephew, who loves playing yard games at the lake, and he approved. He also loved the basketball shirt, and we got a big old hug from the cutie. If anyone is looking, it was sort of a lawn dart/boccie ball combo, with weighted balls instead of the sword things. I might actually pick up a second one to just keep at the lake as I think we all might enjoy it. I'm looking for ways to be excited about lake time with DH's family.

4. I did a bit more research on possible options for a Europe trip next year and came across a VRBO listing, or several, for a whole Paris apartment at rates lower than I had been estimating. It would give us a home base, kitchen to keep the cost of eating out at bay, and save funds that  if we chose to add a night for a side trip elsewhere, I could still create a trip within a budget we could afford. I love the magic of the Internet with information at my fingertips to help create real possibilities.
 
5. Coffee. 

Please comment your thoughts below. I'd like to hear if anyone else has used VRBO. 

8 comments:

  1. Sam I love this post. It is wonderful how old friends are still friends even after a protracted amount of time. Glad your daughter has a connection now!
    Do you mind sharing the name of the lawn game. We are always looking for something for the lake place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's going to follow-up when she is back after her friends wedding. The game was this:
      Eastpoint Sports 2-In-1 Lawn Darts/Bocce Combo

      Delete
  2. Can't wait to hear what your weight loss is. I have my family coming out on Thursday (until Monday) so will get started then. Am looking forward to more exercise in a way because I'm feeling bleeerkk! Anna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should have folks guess. I think it might be high the first week, then settle into snail like numbers. I need to increase the exercise.

      Delete
  3. After trying on my hiking pants in anticipation of my trip at the end of this month I've put myself back on the Calcium Diet which works well for me (except for the gaining it back part after I stop! :) I don't weight myself often either. Let's be supportive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd like to hear more about the calcium diet. I struggle with bone density, so need to make sure I do not cut too many calcium calories.

      Delete
  4. We rented a Paris apartment for 10 days in the Marais two years ago. The experience was beyond expectations. Shopping at the markets and then bringing it all home to cook in our kitchen was great. We felt more immersed in the culture and felt we were living more like the natives. Bed and Breakfasts would be good too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it will be a really good experience to be in a neighborhood and really enjoy more than just tourist life. thanks for sharing.

      Delete

Join the conversation. Your comments are welcome. Dissenting and different opinions are welcome as makes for good conversation. I moderate comments to be sure I read them all and stay ahead of the spam. Advertising products or services without permission will be deleted, as will anything that may be harmful to others-read promotion of debunked "experts" and conspiracies. If you're a blogger, feel free to include your blog URL.