- My mental disposition is still not terrific, but "faking it" last week sure helped me not slide further into wallowing. I just have a lot in my head space right now and the mental fatigue manifests into physical fatigue. Yet, I didn't hibernate this week and last weekend as I would have liked. DH and I went out, sort of, last Friday night. We went to the lake Sunday, I had my work trip, and V and I got our walk in after having had a week and 1/2 of cancellations. I'm meeting up with one of my birth friends for coffee today.
- I took actual pictures this week for a blog post. Granted, they were just with my phone at the hotel grounds where my work meetings were held, but being that taking more pictures for my blog is a goal for this space, I liked posting a few on Tuesday morning.
- I walked my longest walk with V on Wednesday night so far, 3.64 miles total. Her tracker showed we burned over 500 calories.
- Unfortunately, I know I over did the walking, as by the time we were back, my left knee was sore and starting to throb. I had to spend the bulk of yesterday with a heating pad and elevation, but I'm happy to say today it is more normal. There's always a bit of pain, but I've just become accustomed to it. I still managed a short walk with pup last night and some toning exercises.
- The slightly cooler weather prompted me to clean out the fridge with all the loose and odd vegetables and make a big crock pot of vegetable noodle soup. I used the whole wheat pasta, just two cups dried, with a huge vat of soup so the simple carb ratio is quite low per serving, but loaded with vegetables. Besides feeling like the soup was practically free since I used all odds and ends of veg that was about to go off, we'll get two meals+ out of it, leaving me time to devote to things other than cooking meals.
Friday, June 23, 2017
Feeling Good Friday-Milestone Edition
I'm going to jump right in and say officially hooray! I hit a mental milestone where the weight loss dipped, not much but dipped below a certain number that was agonizing me for years. Actually, I had ping ponged below this weight off an on for the last two weeks, but I'm using my Friday weigh in as the official tracking from week to week so the minor daily variables aren't factored in. I'm disappointed that it was only a .8 pound loss, yet even little movement is better. My total weight loss is now 12.6 pounds. I was lamenting with DD1 about how I am frustrated that the scale isn't responding more to my careful eating and increased walking. She's my cheerleader though, reminding me that plateaus will happen and then boosts in weight loss will occur. V reminded me on our walk the other night that building muscle will help spark my metabolism. I hope both are right. My over confidence in easily losing 20 pounds by July 28th has taken a turn to doubt. 7.4 pounds to go in four weeks seemed doable three weeks ago, but averaging 1.85 pounds per week seems like a mountain right now. Still, let's crack on with other things that are helping me feel well.