Another week has passed- August is over half way done. My days blur into weeks, weeks into to months. I'm trying to live life, folks, though trying to live with joy is still a challenge. I, who normally love summer, can't wait for August to be done. I press on trying to both keep up on the have to's of life, and the wish list/home project list/life improvement list. You all are so kind pointing out that I am doing a lot. I guess I have. Here's what's been accomplished in the last few weeks.
- Cooked a few meals with assorted items on hand. I've got to get this budget under control and spending more on groceries when I've got hidden treasures is counterproductive to this ( Might even be inspired to add a good/ recipe post). I'm trying to plan meals and leftovers and not over shop, using up items completely.
- And...booked, but spent a small fortune on airfare for the cruise in February. However I leveraged a credit card offer to save $200 eventually, that will pay me back within the next few months
- Speaking of credit cards, I stopped using the card DH and I had in common. I've opened one in just my name that will give me a $200 cash back credit, plus earns more per dollar. I'll cash in the points on the old one, applying them to the final payment. I pay off cards always before any interest is accrued.
- Took car to get oil changed, basic maintenances, and Anti Lock brake system issue resolved. Ugh, more unplanned expenses but a safe car, and once the other car is sorted, I can sell it for a fair price.
- Replaced batteries in thermostat. It was something accomplished I've not done before.
- More items cleared from laundry room, trash items binned, items for my daughter's new apartment put in a box
- Got legal paperwork notarized and more documents sent to bank to get DH's car loan released.
- I observed for now, but wrote checks and achieved the completion of the patio. It still needs curing time and I'm being cautious for a full 10 days, so by next weekend I can set furniture up. Then, on to tackling the yard cleanup and minimal landscaping. By that I mean, getting the pine brush and needles cleared, finish fire pit area, and prep rest of yard for grass seeding. That will involve spread bags of soil in uneven area.
- I ordered two of these planter boxes to line the side the stairs are on, either in a line, or create a right angle in the corner. I might fill with hostas next spring so they are not labor intensive, but for late summer and fall, perhaps pop a few planters of mum's for a color splash.
- Talked with neighbor who's a handyman to come look and propose a solution to the bare siding issue. He came over to look, and will design something to do in a couple weeks when concrete is set.
- More buckets of rocks moved to where they can be better used. It's a hot and heavy job and there's so many!!! I guess the rest of summer and fall, I'll focus on the outside of the house.
- Saturday: Leftovers steak sandwich from dinner out night before
- Sunday: vegetables au Gratin, zucchini fritter
- Monday: Repeat
- Tuesday: Grilled cheese, veg au gratin
- Wednesday: Gyro sandwich, from single kit
- Thursday: Creamy spicy Pasta primavera
- Friday : Repeat
One day after a particularly windy storm, I collected a bunch of sticks from her yard and tossed in her fire pit. No sense accidentally running over with the mower. He proceeded to pull them out and run around happy as could be with them in his mouth. He's not short on personality. Needless to say, one of her purchases was a fire pit cover.