Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Using Vacation Time for Nonvacations

My week away from work cannot even be called a staycation. It is a combination work, organize, household business, recoup-prepare kind of week. While I took about a week at Christmas, no one can really say a holiday week is much of a vacation. Even with so much to do around here, I decided I do need some R&R from "thinking" time, a bit, but still direct attention to preparing for life events big and small in the month ahead. By weeks end, lifted from my March list and a few others, I hope the following are checked off:


  • New passports ordered
  • Blog/extra money account set up
  • Upstairs bathroom mini redo complete
  • Windows and under appliances cleaned
  • House cleaned top to bottom (so just tidying and routine cleaning needs to be done Easter weekend)
  • Date night with hubs-tonight we will use the buy one free dinner at the place we like
  • Read a book. DD2 brought home a stack of free books from the library. A couple look interesting and I started one last night. Review to follow by weekend.
  • Haircut and color
  • Entry and entry closet
With the time off, I should have no problem tackling these things. You are all my witnesses. Yesterday I did basic things to set myself up for the week, and feel optimistic. I have to remember though once things are done, it is far easier to keep things this way than let life slide again. 

4 comments:

  1. Isn't it strange how women take a week of vacation time then plan a million things to take care of. If I take a day off I usually schedule "the dentist, the plumber, do the ironing, make some repairs". I don't think we know how to do nothing do we? Anna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The dentist feels like th eonly thing not on m y list this week. Still, I've used the time for things other than work and it was much needed.

      Delete
  2. Don’t just do something, sit there. From making space Thich Nhat Hanh talks about too much goal setting etc. Have a read Sam I love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will give a look for it to see if it is in my library system.

      Delete

Join the conversation. Your comments are welcome. Dissenting and different opinions are welcome as makes for good conversation. I moderate comments to be sure I read them all and stay ahead of the spam. Advertising products or services without permission will be deleted, as will anything that may be harmful to others-read promotion of debunked "experts" and conspiracies. If you're a blogger, feel free to include your blog URL.