Tuesday, February 5, 2019

My Turn for the Winter Crud

 I was miserable on the drive to eastern Iowa on Saturday and felt worse on the drive back. I had several high attention deals that forced me to be in the office yesterday, but today, I am letting my body have a day to try and recover. It is my turn to have the winter crud along with the hacking cough, low grade fever, aches and pains.Schools were cancelled yesterday due to hazardous ice, but I had a white knuckle drive with my foggy head.  I will log into  a meeting at 12:30, but will play a silent role-using the chat feature so no one has to hear my  frog voice and coughing. No time is a good time to be ill, but this is particularly bad though seems to hit our house each February, flu shot or no flu shot. I just hope DD2 stays healthy enough for her All State rehearsals and concert. 

It was an odd weekend leaving super early on Saturday and heading right to the competition, driving in ridiculous fog and it seemed like back roads for 4 1/2 hours. The day before, we got bumped from our hotel to a different one. Apparently no one at the hotel booked rooms for the second choir that was competing and had to scramble for rooms. Our room was comped so it worked out. However, it meant we didn't get details and times of departure and learned the kids buses left 45 minutes before we did. DD1 ended up picking up her sister since we were so far behind. I don't know what I would do without her some weeks-she keeps my head on straight! Being sick and scattered didn't make for a great weekend, but the kids won best vocals again, and Grand Champion, so I it was worth it. The original hotel even left Starbucks gift cards as an apology. I owe DD1 a nice morning out for coffee and pastries.

I'm trying not to take too many OTC drugs, mostly just concentrating on fluids and rest. If I need to be out tomorrow, I will and not feel guilty. I have a huge day on Thursday that I cannot be sick for. I hope you are all safe and healthy. 

7 comments:

  1. I hope you feel better - it almost seems inevitable to pick up some crud every February - especially in cold weather climates where people spend so much time indoors

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you feel better soon. I am coming down with something myself. Jacob has been home the last 2 days with a fever and just feeling blah. :( But like I told my DH, I will just treat the symptoms and do what I need to do. Can't afford not to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is awful to have a full head and not of knowledge when you need to bring your A game. Get well

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you feel better soon Samx
    Arilx

    ReplyDelete
  5. The winter crud seems to most definitely be going around! (So far so good here but I am holding my breath for sure!) Hope you feel better soon and are clear headed for Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm right there with you suffering with the same thing. So is my daughter. She has 102 fever. I am on so many meds, I can't believe it, but I'm starting to see the other side of this crud. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry you are sick. I hope you have a speedy recovery

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation. Your comments are welcome. Dissenting and different opinions are welcome as makes for good conversation. I moderate comments to be sure I read them all and stay ahead of the spam. Advertising products or services without permission will be deleted, as will anything that may be harmful to others-read promotion of debunked "experts" and conspiracies. If you're a blogger, feel free to include your blog URL.