Sunday, May 19, 2019

Meals on the Go

I love how clean my appliances are. I don't want to let them get dingy as I did with the old. I'm so far just putting enough in my grocery cart for the week and not stockpiling partially to keep the freshness of my refrigerator in tact. Dumb, I know. We just don't want leftovers pushed to the back, not used, because we didn't see them. I'll develop a new kitchen norm, but for now, I'm relishing the lack of clutter. Meals need to be simple this week, as usual. Last weeks menu changed quite a bit, but no take out or meals out. The plans this week include:


  • Pork roast in crock pot with potatoes and carrots
  • Take and Bake pizza 
  • Goulash and green beans 
  • Tuna hotdish and mixed veg
  • Leftovers
  • Lake food, burgers, brats, chicken, salad fixings Friday to Sunday
I'm  sure this will change. I'm looking forward to doing some baking so will spend any meaningful time with my oven rather than stove top. We have a mixed weather bag, so will get baking done on the cool mornings. What's up in your kitchen?

6 comments:

  1. STILL trying to use it up. I was never in love with the floorpan of my current kitchen, but I've always liked my range and refrigerator(s). DH and I had been looking for a new "scratch and dent" upright freezer, as we really need two, but yesterday he pointed out that our side by side was under two years old, so we could use it in the garage alongside our upright. That amount of freezer storage should be just about right.

    Dinners are reflecting my not wanting to move food. Las night we had tilapia and salad. Roast turkey breast for dinner tonight, with stuffing, mashed potatoes, salad and cranberry sauce. I'd love to make a pumpkin pie to use up one of the cans of pumpkin, but I can't bring myself to make on in May. Later in the week there will be a pot roast.
    Enjoy your new kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your dinners sound pretty delicious for eating down food stores!

      Delete
  2. I need to attend to my refrigerator so I can find the fresh food I put in there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With us having such a small household now, I just need to get in that smaller purchasing and cooking mindset.

      Delete
  3. I remember when my appliances were brand spanking new and I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now I just need to keep them looking that way. It should be possible-no children in the house anymore. We had a houseful of teenagers and a toddler when the last were bought.

      Delete

Join the conversation. Your comments are welcome. Dissenting and different opinions are welcome as makes for good conversation. I moderate comments to be sure I read them all and stay ahead of the spam. Advertising products or services without permission will be deleted, as will anything that may be harmful to others-read promotion of debunked "experts" and conspiracies. If you're a blogger, feel free to include your blog URL.