Tuesday, June 25, 2019

New Orleans Hot Sticky Freezing Cold


I'm in all out work mode so pardon the short or absent posts. Sunday I had more than enough time since I arrived and had an early check-in by 11;30 for a lunch at Mother's Restaurant (pictures below), which I guess is well known. I saw the line and assumed it would be tasty. It was.  I spent from 4:00 until 9:00 then with work colleagues. It was so hot and sticky walking to the meeting and then later meal venue. I thought my face was melting. 

Monday I was in a too cold room from 8:00 until 5:30. I met Minnesota colleagues that were just coming in on Monday for dinner, then more work back in my room. I am half way through Tuesday's sessions/meetings. The room this morning made the one yesterday seem hot. People's fingers were turning blue. I hope they get this adjusted, but I'n grabbing an extra sweater for the afternoon. As Tigger would say, "TTFO" Tah tah for now. 





9 comments:

  1. I despise air conditioning that is so cold like that. It actually makes me sick and achy. I feel sorry for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sick and achy is how I feel. At home when the humidity gets really bad, we turn on the air to th point of getting the air breathable, but this no control over the temperature inside is not appreciated.

      Delete
  2. Mother's is a good place to eat. Of course there are tons of great places. One of my favorites is The High Hat cafe on Freret street. It is not in the quarters but worth the Uber ride. If you are wandering around at night I would suggest Frenchman's Street rather than the French quarters. Much better entertainment there.
    Have fun, stay warm in the meetings and cool (ok as cool as possible) outside.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We ate at a place called Shya on Monday-Middle Eastern and delicious. We ended up with lots of small plates of vegetarian dishes and pita bread that just kept coming! Not typical New Orleans, but it was yum.

      Delete
  3. Ah, life in the south. Brutally hot and humid outside, freezing cold inside, mixed with the unexpected occasional downpour out of nowhere. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought in riding up an elevator yesterday that we were getting a downpour because it looked like it through the windows. Turned out the windows were just streaked and dirty so looked like rain as the elevator went up! I'm really second guessing my retire to the south, but if we can afford to be in two places, Minnesota May-October, and the south November April, that might work. I thought I didn't mind the heat and humidity but this is at a whole different level.

      Delete
    2. It really is a whole different level. As a northerner you keep thinking "the humidity is going to break eventually," but it never does. It. Never. Does.

      Delete
  4. Ugh, I hate the heat. Give me the cold anytime! And air conditioning. Always way too cold.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I hate air conditioning more than I hate snow.

      Delete

Join the conversation. Your comments are welcome. Dissenting and different opinions are welcome as makes for good conversation. I moderate comments to be sure I read them all and stay ahead of the spam. Advertising products or services without permission will be deleted, as will anything that may be harmful to others-read promotion of debunked "experts" and conspiracies. If you're a blogger, feel free to include your blog URL.