Friday, June 21, 2019

Preparing for the Weekend and Week Ahead

I'm about t head into work. I managed to get fairly well caught up, but today will be focused on things that need to be done before the end of business close on Friday, our fiscal year end. I have to plan ahead each day since I will not be back in until next Friday, though will be in work status all week. My plane leaves at 7:05 Sunday and I have a brief change over in St Louis before arriving in New Orleans at 10:35. I'll be able to store my suitcase, but not check in  until after 3:00, so will need to make sure I travel light for carry-on with comfortable shoes. I may just plant myself someone shady with an ice tea. I have a 4:00 meeting then a 7:00 meeting/dinner followed by meetings and then conference sessions straight until Thursday at 12:30. My nights will be busy staying connected to the office. I don't mind. I'm not a great business traveler. I tire of being in large rooms all day and without my family and close friends, exploring isn't quite the same. 

Tonight we will have a mellow night, though I want to get ahead of laundry. It is National Music Day and the third year in a row our small town is taking part with live music acts scattered all through the town each hour. It ends down by the river with a big band until 9:00. Depending on how DH feels after work, the humidity or rain, we might head down for that. DD2 has been burning the candle at both ends, spending time with friends on her days off, but I don't know her plans yet. We won't eat out-I have stuff for either fajitas or just simple burritos. I'll need to grocery shop easy things for the two of them while I'm gone though. I'll throw chicken in the crock pot in the morning ready cooked for several meals, and supplement with some steaming bags of vegetables and rice dish sides. 

I have a ton of errands, the house to clean with DD2, and  finish any stray laundry, and pack on Saturday morning. Then, we have at least five grad parties-DD2 probably more, that we want to go to. We probably won't spend more than an hour at any. These are either parties of DD2's close friends or children of my friends or both,. It will be a fun day seeing and visiting with people, but I'll need to make it an early night. DH will go with us to the neighbor boys across the street, but likely not the others unless we go to one or two very late afternoon. We have to plan the route still and I'm not sure if  my daughter is doing the rounds with her friends or with me since most are the same parties this weekend. Last weekend was too though she had a couple extras plus was the driver for friends, so we attended separately. Next year will be more like last year-just a few. 

What's on your plate this weekend? Are you in full summer mode yet? Does your community participate in National music day? Let's catch-up in the comments. 

4 comments:

  1. Have a safe trip. It's super duperly hot and humid down here, so be prepared. Bring a sweater too because office buildings tend to have the ac set on meat locker. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I experienced New Orleans in July four years ago-I remember. And yes, inside, it was so cold, I could have worn a down coat.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Life right now is a calendar load, but it gets better in July.

      Delete

Join the conversation. Your comments are welcome. Dissenting and different opinions are welcome as makes for good conversation. I moderate comments to be sure I read them all and stay ahead of the spam. Advertising products or services without permission will be deleted, as will anything that may be harmful to others-read promotion of debunked "experts" and conspiracies. If you're a blogger, feel free to include your blog URL.