My memory is getting poor, making my Thrifty Thursday posts harder to think up. I've actually been chipping away at this post all week, adding to my list as I think of new ways I have either saved, earned, or stopped a spending leak.
- Though DH rogue shopped and I was annoyed, he did buy some nice Chunky soups at bargain leader prices, which made for a very satisfying Friday lunch.
- We ended up eating the roast, carrots, and potato's on Sunday. I thought I'd get a stew out of leftovers, but DH had been picking at the roast for several days. There were some potatoes and carrots and I used them for lunch.
- Friends brought an apple and caramel dip tray to trivia last Wednesday, but no one broke into the caramel and they didn't want it in their house. (I get it!). I was the lucky recipient and used along with apples I already had as my take along to Twins watching get together at my sisters.(And this is all we shall speak about the Twins post season)
- While I really wanted to drive to campus, four hours each way, to see DD2's first concert, I took advantage of the live streaming and watched it from here. We'll be going to her Christmas concert in December, as well as the one at Orchestra Hall in Minneapolis, so I'll get opportunities.
- I had on my list to buy more containers so I could do some batch cooking, and freeze for lunches. I moved my hand mixer and saw I had a package of four that I hadn't remembered buying tucked on a top shelf. With the reused deli met containers, I have plenty for a while.
- DD1 had a very buy week and was leaving on Friday for her cousins' bachelorette weekend right from work. I dropped her off so she wouldn't need to leave her car as she was car pooling with another cousin. As I still have a stash of wine, and never opened a 6 pack of White Claw, I had her take both along, saving her some time.. She of course wanted to pay me for both, but I asked for her to make me dinner instead. Saving time is a thrifty win for me.
- While the pizza crust was rising, DD1 and I run to Walmart. I was looking for a jacket to get me through the fall-winter transition and had seen some a few weeks back. While they were all gone, they had swim wear clearnced between $1 and $3 a piece. I found two tops and bottoms in DD2's sizes, that if nothing else, w ill be good back-ups for the lake. Total price for two complete swimsuits, $9.
- I still haven't gone real grocery shopping. It' surprising when you just don't feel like leaving the house or making an extra stop how creative you can be with meals. We spent just shy of $10 on milk, bread, and eggs, but also added a package of $1.99 pound brats and a sort of splurge on two bacon wrapped pork fillets, which will be tonight's dinner. Our local Kwik Trip has deals every now and then on items like this. Total groceries for the week-$73 on October 10th, leaving a hefty $227 for the rest of the month.
Eight thrifty finds for the week. Thanks for the good discussion yesterday in the comments. I do worry about our financial future and worry that I'm looking a bit nutty in savings pennies and dimes. Hopefully I'm finding a decent balance.