Friday, March 6, 2020

Friday Thoughts

     DD2 and I are heading to both cities  this morning. She had a new X-Ray of her back earlier in the week and today the neurologist will let us know if there is any changes and if treatment is needed. We're heading to a museum or two after getting lunch somewhere. I said it was an expensive month. She's possibly picking up a couple hometown friends from their college later, but not confirmed. We may do a fish fry tonight but timing won't be favorable for my meals. We'll see.

     The week has gone fast. I realized I needed sleep catchup so did sleep in and grabbed a few naps. I hope the mouth guard I'm being fitted for next month helps with restful sleep.

     Tomorrow I'm looking at a house with my older daughter. She's been prequalified, but she's keeping her sights on homes 20-30% lower than she technically qualifies for. This is the first house she's looked at. Timing would be better for her lease a few months from now, but by description and pictures, this house checks so many boxes. It has a contingency offer so may not be viable, but it will be good first step and experience.

     It's been warmish, but yesterday had a bite again-damp bite. We could use some sun as despite warmer weather, it's so gloomy. I shouldn't wish time to fly but I'm truly ready for real spring and summer. How is early spring shaping up in your home? Who's already got spring green starting? Any one in cherry blossom country? I'd love to see them bloom.

16 comments:

  1. Spring has been more damp here than sunny although Sunday was a beautiful sunny day. I'm looking forward to more of those too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yesterday turned out really nice-the car heated up while we were in the museum and had to put windows down for a while.

      Delete
  2. The cherry blossoms are blooming in Victoria on the other end of the Island but obviously we are going to have to wait another couple weeks. I see buds forming though - others who have bulbs have snowdrops up. I bought myself some tulips yesterday. Our grass is growing, we usually do the first mow at the end of March but since our patio is going in on Friday which means a bunch of ground will get torn up we might wait a few more weeks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to travel every March or April to DC-I seemed to be too early or too late for the cherry blossoms but the one year I hit it right, it was magical. If you feel an urge, please post a picture when they bloom. You'll make my day.

      Delete
  3. Isn't it great to catch up on your sleep! I always say you don't need to torture people, you just need to deprive them of sleep. And I think your daughter is wise to aim for a less expensive house than she can technically qualify for. You've taught her well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have needed the sleep. So much on my mind all the time. The hosue she wanted to view is unavailable now. She was a little disappointed, but it was just the first one she had interest in. We are looking at a different one, same price though today.

      Delete
  4. It's a fantastic time to lock in a mortgage. 2.79% for a 15y fixed! Unimaginable when interest was 19% when we bought our first!

    Best of luck finding the right starter home!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had "great" first time home owners mortgage at 8 1/2! Imagine. She won't be able to do 15, but I suspect she will figure ways to pay more and start getting her principle down.

      Delete
  5. We are well on our way to spring here. I have bulb flowers coming up all over so that means I really need to clean the flowers beds out. Now when am I going to get that done with this back?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do that in the patchy part at the lake my MIL calls the garden-it is back breaking an dI had doing it. Funny, she stopped taking care of herself in her early 50's, but doesn't seem to understand that my SIL and I are older than her when she passed it on to us because it was difficult for her. I don't mind raking out around and getting the dead stuff out, but I honestly can't tell what is weeds and what is plants.

      Delete
  6. I just noticed my neighbor's cherry trees were blossoming!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So lovely. Our neigh has a flowering crab tree. It will be a few months yet but it is beautiful as well.

      Delete
  7. The daffodils are about spent since all are in full bloom. The tulips are about ready to bloom. My Yoshino Cherry is in bloom. Forsythia with its cheerful yellow is blooming all over the place. Tulip trees have been blooming for weeks. The grass was just cut for the first time and it was late to do so. Now, the grass is lying thick on the yard, killing all the grass. The guy mows it as a favor for Tommy, so he never asks or complains.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will be interesting to see how New Orleans looks compared to the high heat and humidity of the summer.

      Delete
  8. Lots of green here and a lot of trees are blooming. The daffodils are dying off now, but the azaleas are starting to bloom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seeing patches of brown makes us happy here! There is still a lot of snow to melt because so much froze so the ground is so cold underneath. We'll get another snow storm though I am sure.

      Delete

Join the conversation. Your comments are welcome. Dissenting and different opinions are welcome as makes for good conversation. I moderate comments to be sure I read them all and stay ahead of the spam. Advertising products or services without permission will be deleted, as will anything that may be harmful to others-read promotion of debunked "experts" and conspiracies. If you're a blogger, feel free to include your blog URL.