Saturday, April 3, 2021

Saturday Schmatterings

     


       We had a restful week, though my daughter had homework and was doing a fantastic job procrastinating. She gets that from both of us, as you probably can tell. We played a little with visits to a museum, zoo, conservatory and watched some movies together. We went shopping and coffee brief excursions and did some self care. The weather took a cold turn  on Tuesday and Wednesday was miserable, but today and tomorrow promise to be good weather days. 

     Technically I am taking Monday off as well, but I will do some work early with people expecting me off line. I was texted in front of the reindeer fence yesterday and needed to resolve something once home. I was annoyed to find that a document I had prepared weeks ago was not used for a budget plan, and getting that resurfaced resolved the issue. I do plan ahead, and when people don't bother to look first before asking questions easily answered with previous work, it is frustrating. 

On the schedule today,

  • Grocery store run to get items for side dishes with the ham. I want to get all oven and table ready in case I'm feeling  lousy tomorrow. 
  • Prep said sides-thinking cheesy potatoes, Swiss medley vegetables, coleslaw, and dinner roles. I'm getting ingredients for a refrigerator strawberry cheesecake as well. Even though just the three of us, I'd still like to enjoy a nice sit down Easter dinner.
  • Get my shot this morning-make sure DH get's his after work, the last appointment time of the day.
  • Make a weekend project plan. I just can't be the slug any more on weekends that I have been. 
  • Figure out drop off/pick up times for donations
    You've maybe noticed I didn't really blog the last couple days. I just haven't felt like I have enough to write about lately and am getting bored with myself. I guess that is understandable. Maybe I'll feel refreshed for blogging as well come Monday. I've been less engaged elsewhere too-on Facebook, Instagram, not  really participating, but I do look. I'm still reading a lot of blogs, but feel my responses when I comment are inadequate a reaction to  the content. Maybe I am in a virtual interaction rut as I am craving more in real life time with people. I suppose that make sense when we seem to be getting closer to getting a little new normality back and with the nicer weather, yet not truly there yet. Have you noticed a change in how you engage online in recent weeks? 

     My daughter has outdoor  hiking plans with friends today-I'm glad she'll be able to see some of her old (HS) friends before heading back to school on Monday. I'm about to get coffee on and make sure DH has his medical cards before he leaves for work. Thanks for staying with me in this week of really not much blogging. Enjoy your Saturday and we'll see what tomorrow will bring.

21 comments:

  1. I go through fits & spurts when I have a lot to say, and then none. I think it depends on how clear my mind is, and how motivated I feel to engage in the discussions.

    Hope you have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I prepped our Easter meal yesterday but feeling just fine this morning so far. Maybe I'll have more motivation after a week off or a light blogging week.

      Delete
  2. Glad you were able to have some fun on your vacation. I hope you have a great weekend and Easter, and I hope you don't have any side effects from the shot. Hopefully things will get back to some sort of normal soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. So far, no ill effects. I think I had expected issues, so there for, none.

      Delete
  3. Sounds like you had some fun on your vacation and glad it was restful. I hope you don't have any side effects from the vaccine. I did notice the change in your blogging but figured it was just because you have you daughter home and were on vacation. That's the nice thing about blogging, it doesn't have to be constant when you're not feeling it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Change in blog was both reasons. I like to write in mornings but have been sleeping in.

      Delete
  4. Your blog, just like your life, is bound to ebb and flow. Personally, I love taking a break and peeking in at others' blogs, and knowing I'm not alone in muddling through minutia in a crazy world. I enjoy your posts, even the nothing-to-say posts. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I sure have a lot of nothing to say posts. I like not feeling alone too.

      Delete
  5. Hello Sam, Everyone gets the internet doldrums once in a while. I do, but I always recover from it after a while. In fact, I am currently editing some posts that I hope will make it onto my almost-abandoned blog.
    --Jim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be sure to visit! Thanks gor reassurance that breaks and restarts are ok.

      Delete
  6. It's frustrating when people are basically just too lazy to read stuff and find it easier to come back to you and ask questions they could easily find the answers to isn't it. I guess that's the way of the world though. I hope your vax goes ok - and I wouldn't worry about not blogging so often. It's ups and downs for all of us isn't it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This particular document wasn't read at all, apparently! I was quite annoyed. Hope you are all enjoying that baby.

      Delete
  7. My posting has definitely dropped off lately too. Not sure why but I do like reading all of your posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I read yours as well. We live in very different places and I enjoy the change in scenery.

      Delete
  8. I’m so excited for you guys to get your shots! I go on Wednesday, and one of my mom friends goes on the 19th. By the end of may, the five of us Mom Squad will be fully vaccinated. Look out for our wild and crazy summer! We have so much catching up to do :) I totally understand needing a digital break. Sometimes a type a post or response and wonder if anyone even cares, then delete it. I feel that way with texts and phone calls too. It’s probably another symptom of my anxiety lol. Somehow I got so lucky to have Friday and Saturday off and I’ve really been enjoying it. Lots of cooking and family time and relaxing, it’s been lovely. Maybe because I worked Christmas Eve and New Year’s Day, they threw me a bone. Happy Easter and I hope you have no ill effects from your vaccines. Stay hydrated, don’t be afraid to take some ibuprofen, rest if you need it and I’ve heard canned pears and their juice are very soothing if you have any tummy troubles. All advice I’ve heard from people who already got theirs! JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is great JoAnn. You need your friends. I'm feeling brighter after shot one. Now once my kids can get shots, then I'll feel almost giddy.

      Delete
  9. Easter dinner sounds great. I figured you were busy this last week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think we are all craving more contact with people. So glad about the vaccinations!

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation. Your comments are welcome. Dissenting and different opinions are welcome as makes for good conversation. I moderate comments to be sure I read them all and stay ahead of the spam. Advertising products or services without permission will be deleted, as will anything that may be harmful to others-read promotion of debunked "experts" and conspiracies. If you're a blogger, feel free to include your blog URL.