|I took this last summer with DD1 at a sunflower farm.|
The air quality warnings are getting a bit old-you can feel it when outside. I can't imagine what those north of us are feeling. My brother who camps every week, then heads back to base camp (AKA my sisters) cut short his trip last week and is heading south this week to try and avoid. While there are hints that vaccination rates are going up in places with scary low rates, it's not as fast as I think we need. I read comments on a new link and man, are there still people who are bound and determined to make vaccinations part of a one world order conspiracy, and Dr Fauci is Hitler, Mussolini, and Stalin rolled into one. I need to stop doing that-reading comments is nothing but anxiety inducing! Personally, a couple crap things have happened this week that have me frustrated, and it's easy to start a negative spiral. In my quest to not turn into a crabby old lady and look for the things that make me smile, give me joy, or are a simple pleasure, here's my weekly post of 10 things of any of those.
- The office space is coming along despite there being more work than I thought it would be. I am so grateful for my daughters help.
- I found a book, the last Elisabeth Ogilvie Book, The Day Before Winter, her last in the Bennet's Island series, when we were sorting books for donation. It made me really pleased as I thought I had left it somewhere.
- The purging continued, and thanks to my daughter, I got rid of things that on my own, for no good reason, I would have held onto. This included both a Home Interior book and a holiday craft book-huge books that I doubt I have even opened in 10+ years, let alone used. Also in that last donation were another 1/2 dozen "coffee table" books, again, ones no one has opened in a decade.
- DD1 and I treated ourselves to Dunn Brothers coffee on Saturday morning. Nothing like real cream. We also sat outside at least for a little while before the heat and humidity increased and before diving into more work.
- Two delicious dinners out over the weekend. Friday DH and I went out and were a touch after the diner crowd, making it a more relaxed meal. Sunday was delicious as well at what was my parents favorite restaurant, and we went there to honor what would be their 74th anniversary.
- Sunday's adds had all the school supplies promoted. What brings me a smile is knowing I don't have to go school supply shopping! DD2 is set with a 5 Star notebook, pens, and mechanical pencils.
- the air seemed a bit better Sunday night and it had cooled down so I took pup for a long walk when we got home from our mela out. A family in the neighborhood was out biking-mom with a baby in a bike basket, dad pulling a little guy in a trailer, and two little guys on their own bikes. These little guys love pup and of course, wanted to pet them. Pup was very good letting them give him all the love. We make sure to tell kids they have to put their hands out first, and let him initiate smell and contact so he is calm. It was cute that the older of the two boys on bikes-maybe six at the oldest, remembered and told his younger brother the rule, and showed his brothers how he puts his hand out.
- Yesterday I had a very productive day at work and knocked of quite a few things ahead of schedule. That's a very good thing as there is a massive issue that just surfaced this morning and will take more time to resolve than I have free on my calendar.
- I actually made a sort of meal plan for the week, potentially buying me time until Saturday to have to go grocery shopping. While may not be a simple pleasure, it is avoidance of something I don't like to do.
- I had a fall last night. My knee just gave out when I took a step and I went splat, across the floor. A grateful thing that despite a hard fall, I didn't get injured. I missed hitting my desk with my head by what was probably inches. I'm not even particularly sore this morning.
- ....and a quick edit to add, my REader List has now come back for Blogger!!!
Next week I'll be off work and hoping I can ease through the rest of the week with drama subsided, and work issues contained. Ihope you have more pleasure's than pain, more smiles than frowns, and have a perfectly positive Tuesday.