The days are finally cooler, though yesterday despite the blustery wind, it felt quite pleasant outside even with no sun. The house was chilly when I woke up-I loved it. I slept better last night than I have in ages and I know the right temperature to blanket ratio was the positive doing. On Thursdays I recap my week of thrift-how I made the best use of my time, resources, and money to try and live a good life budgeting these things where they matter. Sometimes there are good wins and other times, utter fails, but overall, I strive for balance.
- Lot's of time this weekend with DH gave me a taste of what retirement life (for him first) might be like. It was nice knowing he had nothing he "had" to do on Sunday.
- My family did a formal park clean-up on Sunday morning, followed by brunch at my sisters. It was not as messy as one might think-people might be doing their part, but we still filled a large black garbage bag.
- We took the time to sort the recyclables from the garbage at the park clean up. I give my brother that credit as he was adamant!
- Took home my leftovers from our BBQ meal.
- Rescued a jacket that was misplaced with something to be thrown out It was an old Columbia jacket of my son's that might still fit. If he doesn't want, I'll donate as it is in perfect condition.
- DH has the annual furnace tune up scheduled for this morning. This will ensure the furnace runs efficiently, and we don't waste gas keeping our house warm.
- We are keeping the heat off. Now starts our game (my game) of how long we can last before turning it on. I love this time with no air, nor furnace blowing.
- Found a deal on little chocolate chip/teddy bear cookies, 10 for $10. I nabbed 10 boxes for Trick or Treaters. I usually buy a good $25-$30 worth of candy so these will do the trick, plus, no leftover candy to tempt me. If there are leftovers, I can give the unopened boxes away and keep any left from an open box for DD2 when she is home at Thanksgiving.
- This is a usual one, but worth saying hat I ate lunches at home every day..
- I did a $9 meal shop for my 3 at $3 challenge. I cooked meal one last night. A full recap will be done next Wednesday on how we fired and what was made.
- Took a chance on washing an old hand me up wool coat my daughter gave me. I washed on delicate, then dried flat. It seemed to work well and saved the $10 dry cleaning fee. It will need steaming or an iron perhaps. I am pleased because it is a pretty coat, just way to big for her, and motivation for me.