Friday, December 3, 2021

Friday Night Lights

      These were actually Wednesday night lights but it's too early to drive downtown. I had a particularly long afternoon and the week of unseasonably warmish weather prompted pup and I to take our walk by the river the other night. Pup was very excited to take the short car ride. Despite the  early sunset, there were many four legged friends and their parents walking about. These are the simple lights of the season and I'm hoping the city keeps the tree's lit all winter.

     The bottom picture is if the glass igloos a local restaurant puts in their patios for outdoor dining. They have to be reserved weeks in advance. If I learn if my son is coming, I'll try and book one. The restaurants just requires a minimum spend per table. With five of us, shouldn't be too hard! A family run business, their food is delicious and while in business about a decade, they feel like a community staple. They provide free meals for Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Easter, and had free meal pick up for kids the first spring and summer of the pandemic, supplemental to the school lunches, but all through their own funds and donations. It was one of our go to take out places, but now they are thriving again. My daughter has a date there tonight in fact.

     The lights are part of my Christmas joy and warm up the cool nights. I hope you all enjoy the lights in your community.







15 comments:

  1. I love the idea of igloos at the restaurant. I hope, your son can come to visit and your family enjoys a wonderful holiday dinner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We likely will try one dinner here at some point, maybe with friends but it would be s fun family dinner spot.

      Delete
  2. I was surprised how beautiful our town centre looked recently when it was all lit up. Our council seems to have made more of an effort with seasonal lights than they have in the past. The igloos sound wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lights really make the ordinary extraordinary. Our bridge is beautiful year round at night, but the tress just had lights added.

      Delete
  3. Love the igloos and great news that your local restaurant is doing well. These businesses need our support don't they. Arilx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been a long two years. Several businesses couldn't restaff and closed.

      Delete
  4. I love those igloos. I've always wanted to go dine in one. Hope you get to enjoy it with your son & the rest of the family. I'm glad your local restaurant is doing well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it would be a nice family picture setting too.

      Delete
  5. I have always wanted to eat in an igloo. The pictures of your city lights are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. More small town than city but it's pretty.

      Delete
  6. So pretty! TheHub and I decided to go for a light viewing drive after the weekend (To give late decorators like us time to get everything up and shining)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're late decorators too, but even then our porch is minimal. Lights are lights though to light up the darkness.

      Delete
  7. How neat! I want to have dinner in an igloo. 😂

    ReplyDelete
  8. That restaurant sounds wonderful. Good hearted people (good food) and the igloo idea is brilliant!

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation. Your comments are welcome. Dissenting and different opinions are welcome as makes for good conversation. I moderate comments to be sure I read them all and stay ahead of the spam. Advertising products or services without permission will be deleted, as will anything that may be harmful to others-read promotion of debunked "experts" and conspiracies. If you're a blogger, feel free to include your blog URL.