Saturday, December 25, 2021

I Heard the Bells

      Merry Christmas from my home to yours. We had a nice evening at my sister's, good food and fellowship. I hope for a good day today at my mother-in-law's. I'm the only one up, coffee is gurgling while brewing. Our older daughter will come over and I'll pop some cinnamon rolls in the oven. I've got potatoes to bake as well before heading over about 12:00. Those of you who know me by now might remember I have about a four hour holiday max with my in-laws before anxiousness sets in. I'll be ok if I can pace myself and get a few minutes away. 

     My older daughter is even more this way. No doubt we'll be expected to be there the entire day and into the office evening. I'll be firm if I get pounced on if I exit, or my daughter exits crowded space that we just need a break. I'm trying to start the day with calm. No "have to's", no expectations on anyone.

      Music is calming. I may be biased, but I think this version of "I heard the Bells" is simply beautiful. It's from four years ago, but thought I'd share with you all again. The soloist is a 16 year old DD2. The words are especially poignant in current days. Merry Christmas and may 2022 be so much better. 



26 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas to you and your family Sam.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was beautiful! Thanks for sharing - Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That song has a couple of anti-war verses that bring me to tears.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas Sam, and oh, I'm with you. After a few hours I've had enough too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was aided with liquid calm. Good, but long day there.

      Delete
    2. Liquid calm. lol. Glad you made it through!

      Delete
    3. It was a pretty good day. Everyone seemed much more mellow and no "Production" was orchestrated.

      Delete
  5. Merry Christmas! Lovely song. best, Celie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Merry merry day to you and to yours !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Merry Christmas. Thank you for sharing the video!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Merry Christmas!!
    Your daughter’s voice is angelic. Tears in my eyes after listening to the beautifully sung song. anAustimMom

    ReplyDelete
  9. The song is beautiful and your daughter sings so well! Merry Christmas to you and your family, Sam.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Merry Christmas.

    Thank you for sharing the song, it was just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It is one of my favorites she's been part of singing.

      Delete

Join the conversation. Your comments are welcome. Dissenting and different opinions are welcome as makes for good conversation. I moderate comments to be sure I read them all and stay ahead of the spam. Advertising products or services without permission will be deleted, as will anything that may be harmful to others-read promotion of debunked "experts" and conspiracies. If you're a blogger, feel free to include your blog URL.