I may do a stock up/ meal plan shop today. I'm hoping to get in on the Ibotta craze and get my Red Barron pizza which I'd perhaps claim for supper tonight because I have work- work to do after receiving a text that something's needed by 9:00 a.m. tomorrow. If not, we've got a different frozen pizza. Christmas was over a month ago and I still have some lingering items. They're shelf stable for now, or in the freezer but note to self, next December I really need to back off. I won't need peanut butter, pecans, craisins, or white chocolate for a while. Not that I ever needed white chocolate. If I can find macadamia nuts that aren't an arm and a leg, I'll whip up some cookie dough for the freezer. I had birthday cards to get yesterday at Dollar Tree, and between there and a Kwik Trip stop, I wouldn't need to go grocery shopping. But I'm getting ahead of my self. First, how did last week fare? I planned and stayed on planned, but
- Sunday: Dinner out
- Monday: Turkey meatloaf and rice pilaf
- Tuesday: Pork loin, homemade applesauce, roasted potatoes
- Wednesday: leftovers, I was meeting my daughter for Trivia
- Thursday: Pulled pork, baked beans ( I really wanted coleslaw but DH said the deli counter's looked old, and he didn't think to just buy cabbage and dressing)
- Friday: leftovers- just couldn't be bothered again and there was plenty of bits to get a meal. DH hadn't come home for lunch much this week, so hadn't been eating leftovers. It's rare that we have two leftover meals in a week because he's just not a fan, but he wasn't about to do any cooking either.
- Saturday: Happy Hour food, no dinner needed
It was two meals out, a lot in one week after being such homebodies. I need to keep being a kitchen homebody the rest of the month and conserve cash for my daughter's and my trip. The plan for the week is mostly same old, but we like what we like.
- Sunday: Frozen pizza( freezer space is limited so this helps keep it clear), salad
- Monday:Hamburgers, ( DH bought cheddar and bacon versions we had a couple weeks ago and there's still 4) french fries
- Tuesday: Enchilada beef, bean, and cheese bake, rice
- Wednesday: Spinach,cheese and bacon ( using up bacon in a couple dishes) quiche, with fruit and strawberry bread
- Thursday: Chicken bacon wraps, salad
- Friday: Crockpot pizza hotdish
- Saturday: Chicken tortellini soup, bread sticks
Easily, there could be a leftover night thrown in. DH still goes out or picks up lunch 1-2 days a week, skips it if he's eaten a big breakfast or can't get away, and comes home a couple days. If he eats leftovers for lunch he doesn't want them for supper. I'll just eat lunch at home, but I'm meeting a friend for coffee and a walk on Friday. That's why Friday has to be easy. This whole plan of course is subject to change. Who knows when I'll do a real shop again and may just continue to fill around the edges. What's planned for your table?