Meals were had though DH was funny. He was happy to have me cook when I had a cold and waited for test results, then was " oh you shouldn't be cooking" on Friday morning. likely I was my most contagious before getting the results. Well, we still needed meals. By Saturday, I was at the six days from start of symptoms and felt fine. Confession though-I pretended I was sick and let myself sleep in, did minimal amounts of tasks around the house, and treated myself to a face mask, then watched rubbish on YouTube. Am I feeling guilty-not a bit! I figure I'm doing my part not to get actually ill and need any care. To be fair, I was very tired or my body wouldn't have let me nap like I did. In the meals area, I did plan last week, so here's what happened:
- Sunday: Assorted homemade mini pizzas- Pepperoni, spinach, artichokes, olives, haloumi
- Monday: Chicken and mixed vegetable stuffing bake, mashed potatoes
- Tuesday: Meatballs in gravy, rice pilaf, green beans
- Wednesday: Italian breaded chicken and a really delicious pasta concoction
- Thursday: Stir Fry and rice
- Friday: leftovers
- Saturday: Homemade Bean soup and saltines and for DH grilled turkey and cheese sandwich which he made himself
I can say there's nothing wrong with my smell or taste. I had the soup cooking all day Saturday and the whole house smelled of it. I'll make it easy on us this week just at the same. I'd rather he not do too much rogue shopping so only want specific items if I send him at all. Funny, he's texted me twice a day asking if I need anything at the store. He did bring me diet coke and oranges. I know he wants snacks for football today though, hence tapping into the Applebee's Black Friday gift card deal. He can get boneless wings and we'll get a couple entrees. Laugh all you want. Sometimes Applebee's hits the spot and leftovers are a given.
- Sunday: Applebee's car side to go, using gift card and bonus $10 card and should still have nearly $35 on the purchased card
- Monday: Crockpot pasta primavera
- Tuesday: Taco Tuesday
- Wednesday: Chicken, broccoli, rice and cheese hotdish ( put off from last week)
- Thursday: Hamburgers and fries
- Friday: Leftovers
- Saturday: Go out with other human beings!
This uses the crockpot a lot, is reheating things from freezer, or throw together in one pot or casserole dish. There's a few odds and ends needed, but even if he doesn't shop, we can improvise. I can't say I have a loss of appetite, but not feeling particularly hungry either so anticipate a lot of leftovers. If the case, I'll be stocked for lunches. What do you have planned?