Tuesday, July 12, 2022

Positively Tuesday-

     


     After my money blog stroll, I wanted time to think through why I blog, does it help me and does it help anyone else. I guess if someone reads, and comes back, at least it gave a bit of recreation. For me, it's accountability, record keeping, and an outlet to let me unwind. To those that had concerns about my tone and mind, I assure you, I'm fine. Just like anyone, I have moodiness, sometimes more days in a row, and it comes out in what I write. I read it in  comments people leave as well. It's life. I'm going to keep Positively Tuesday for that reason, an outlet. It's my weekly reminder that even in darker times, money, job, family, there's good things that rise from the bottom. Since last Tuesday, here's at least 10 positives for the week.

  1. Finally got together with some of the trivia group Wednesday. It was good catching up, and fun to get 2nd place.
  2. Finding the work audit files and getting them scanned in short order was a huge relief. I'm almost ready to transfer all on Today. Barring a lot of additional questions, hopefully that audit is in my rear view mirror. 
  3. An old favorite coffee house is near my new office. As I didn't have time to drive home and the space in our new offices was a construction zone still, I did two meetings with head phones from the cafe. Unfortunately, they no longer carry soups and sandwiches so it truly will be just a coffee spot, but it's small and independently owned, roasting beans on site. 
  4. The farmer's market yielded my first local summer squash, zucchini, and cucumbers. I almost splurged on fresh flowers, but resisted. I will before summer is out and for my MIl's birthday in August.
  5. I finally pulled weeds in the front porch area and got rid of the dead flower remains. I don't know how people managed to keep flowers from dying in the late June heat, but I'm sure I watered them wrong or not enough. I think I'll get just a few flowers to replace just for a little color. Maybe they'll keep for a while. I decided I'm risking animals and going wild with bulbs this fall- and more hostas. 
  6. Sunday was an odd day, mix of clouds, sun, storms, repeat. I started the day though with coffee, muffins, and reading outside, then joined by my daughter and pup. I read more later and we didn't go to the cabin, but that was ok.
  7. DH's schedule changed for this week so not doing lake stuff until Wednesday. He tackled the tree in the yard. It's bittersweet as I am sad about losing our Maple tree, planted 31 years ago. But the dead tree was an eyesore. DH said we'll go look and buy two replacement trees, one for the lost maple, and one for the river birch lost 15 years ago. I guess we'll have firewood for a while, once it dries out. There's still a lot of chopping to do, but my daughter, a neighbor, DH and I got branches hauled to back. DD2 is getting assigned stick detail.
    Goodbye lovely tree. 

  8. I made a successful orange chicken last night. It's one of my favorites and I usually buy Trader Joe's frozen. I'll share my twist on a recipe making the Facebook rounds  tomorrow. 
  9. I picked a few more raspberries from a surviving side plant. I still hate yard work, but I vow to get that mess cleaned up this fall and have the yard next spring looking better.
  10. A good night's sleep. I unplugged as they say you should, and didn't stay up too late with the television. I never heard the expression sleep hygiene, but I admit to having terrible practices some nights.
     On Instagram I follow someone named Nana Hoffman, aka Sweatpants and Coffee. Her daily memes speak volumes and are quite relatable. Sweatpants and coffee They make me smile. I have been in a slump but for many reasons, and all merge at times and become a bigger challenge. Pithy memes about coffee don't solve the progressively painful knee, overload at work, and societal discourse that gnaws at me, but I'm guaranteed a smile. Some days, that's enough to fuel me forward. Have a Positively Tuesday.

20 comments:

  1. I'm glad you had joys through your week to carry you through. We all have to pay more attention to the little things that make us smile.
    Sunday we cleaned the outside of all the windows, the siding and tidied up the front landscaping. It was a joy to pull up yesterday and see it looking so good. That was a well spent two hours that brings me a lot of joy.
    Have a great day Sam!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Clean windows really are a very big joy for me too. The cleaning might not be fun, but the sun is great.

      Delete
  2. See about getting knee injections. They have helped me though not a long term solutions it would give you some relief.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've tried multiple but times. Relief is very brief- not much. It's bone on bone so not much the injections can do.

      Delete
    2. The injections only helped me for a short time, ended up with knee replacement. Not for the faint of heart, but currenty mobility is everything.

      Delete
  3. I loved your observations about blogging. I blog too, albeit not anywhere close to your schedule, and whether I am reading or writing one, I love the connection, the "aha" moments when something resonates for me reading one or a reader reading one of mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just get in the habit and feel off to not have a post. I like learning something I never knew.

      Delete
  4. I absolutely get it that you're sad losing that maple tree - it's a beauty! My neighbours have one and there is another just up the road from me. Maybe that's an idea - I could buy a maple to replace my cherry and plumb trees! They are just so stunning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My neighbors are sad too. It was a beautiful tree.

      Delete
  5. My joy for the week is that Nick got to go to the residential tennis camp he was so excited to attend. He's having a great time, and his text messages (although both short & sparse) are making me happy. He's having a great time, and getting a little insight into college life. He's staying on a college campus, eating at the dining hall, etc. So happy he's getting this experience.

    Other joys: M & I got a chance to use the pool on Sunday, while Sam was out at a friend get together. We had margaritas, enjoyed the sunshine & our lovely outdoor space. It was our first time in the pool this summer.

    Grilled zucchini - first time trying it, and it was so fabulous! I needed this recipe in my life.

    A small one, but we seem to have gotten rid of the ants, for now. Ants are constant problem in our neighborhood, particularly when it gets warm out. It's a battle to stay on top of them, but we are having an ant free week or so, and it's nice not to have to worry about that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am surprised to hear you don't use the pool daily. I get it though. You're running everywhere to keep up. I'm glad for Nick. It's fun to get that sneak peak.

      Delete
  6. I took glucosamine chondroiton with msm and within three days, I quit hurting and for ten years had no pain. I also had cortisone injections under my kneecap. It sounds awful, but is not painful at all. And, the relief is amazing.

    My wave petunia died completely, but I kept watering it every day and gave it a shot of Miracle Gro once a week. Now, tiny flowers are appearing on the dead stems. Give them a chance instead of ripping them out. I always hated yardwork with a passion but I did it for the results, not for others pleasure but for mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cannot wear pants like jeans or anything remotely hard touching my knee. Even panty hose cause pain. My pain level went down after giving up jeans or woven fabric pants. Prescription strength Voltaren helps with pain.

      Delete
    2. Neither injections or glucosamine had any relief. Volterin is good stuff, but as an NSAID, small doses.

      Delete
    3. I am surprised the injections gave you no relief. Glucosamine helped me immediately and some people never get relief. I worried about the NSAID and the doctor said it did not affect the body, all of the body in the same manner as the delivery was different. I rarely use it. The cold when I apply it is just too awful. Plus, it is never near when I need it and I forget.

      Delete
    4. I don't know what more to say about the shots. They didn't help me.

      Delete
  7. I love blogging, because it allows me to get it all out. Something this ADHD brain needs. I love yard work and if I lived close by I would be out in your yard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh, you keep getting to Spam and it's frustrating to not get your comments. I'd happily turn my yard to you. My newest niece in law posted lovely photos of her yard and garden. They've been refurbishing an old house on a very little budget and everything is just charming!

      Delete
  8. I enjoy reading blogs from around the world. I enjoys yours and like the peek into weekend lake life, the hope of when spring finally arrives, and your work. Cindy in the South

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like reading the reverse of life in the south, southwest, east, Canada, UK- we're all different but have things in common.

      Delete

Join the conversation. Your comments are welcome. Dissenting and different opinions are welcome as makes for good conversation. I moderate comments to be sure I read them all and stay ahead of the spam. Advertising products or services without permission will be deleted, as will anything that may be harmful to others-read promotion of debunked "experts" and conspiracies. If you're a blogger, feel free to include your blog URL.