Sunday, August 21, 2022

Sunday Variation- Nothing Meal Planned

     


     I'll my more thought into the week ahead but for now, I'm not even going to pretend to plan this week. Here's how we ate this last week though:

  • Sunday: Huge and late lunch at lake, assorted meats and salads, so no one really have hungry later.
  • Monday: Crockpot pasta with zucchini 
  • Tuesday: Turkey meatloaf, green beans, wild rice for DD2 and DS but I had pizza after helping my daughter
  • Wednesday: leftover pizza or meatloaf and wild rice
  • Thursday: Mushroom Ravioli and grilled summer squash, stuffed green pepper quarters with last of wild rice and cheese
  • Friday:  DD2, Chipotle before she went dog sitting, grilled geese, bacon and tomato
  • Saturday: FFY, pasta dish from lunch made with homemade sauce from misfit tomatoes from daughter's garden, quesadilla as options 
     There's still bacon and I have some eggs to use up and a frozen pie crust. I think it's a good opportunity to make a quiche. I didn't grocery shop other than the absolute basics at Kwik Trip, but there's plenty of food to make meals, even if uninspired like tacos, chili, curry, pasta and sauce, or tuna hotdish, all my fall backs. There's hamburger, meatballs, hotdogs, brats, and sausage in the freezer. I'll just make what seems doable each night. How about you? Any inspiration to share? 

     

Pasta sauce with garden misfits. I froze a quart and hope to make more.


9 comments:

  1. Sauce from fresh veggies is the best and yours looks so good!
    I'm getting ready to make pancakes and bacon for brunch. For some reason I woke up hungry today.
    Enjoy your Sunday Sam.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of Nick's favorite meals is a cheese steak. I'd actually never had one before, but M made them last night. Absolutely delicious! https://natashaskitchen.com/philly-cheesesteak/

    Not exactly top health, but a fun option.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that's given me an idea as I'm not very inspired either at the moment!

      Delete
  3. Cheesesteaks sound great. Last night I made boneless, skinless chicken breasts baked with lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, oregano, lemon slices, onions, and red pepper. It was okay, but needed something else. Tonight is slow cooked pork tenderloin with sauerkraut and apples. I may bake an apple pie. That's as far as I've gotten for the week! I'd love to grill steaks one night, but that requires me to assign a Grillmaster, since DH shouldn't be out there. I'll also probably try my new, built-in air fryer to make fish and chips.
    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'll get stuff for cheese steak Labor Day weekend. My BIL is a good griller so I know they'll turn out well.

      Delete
  4. That sauce looks amazing! Last week we ate out a lot, but I did make tuna noodle casserole for DD before she left and we had leftovers. I’ve been craving buffalo chicken dip so I’m making that today, in a few minutes actually and we’ll nosh on that. Heck, I’ll throw some on a wrap and call it dinner. Going to make halushki as well today. We’ll have spaghetti this week, perhaps with some lurking chicken patties and make a very lazy chicken parm. I thinking some sort of one skillet meal using up some kielbasa as well. Very casual this week. One less person but we are still revolving doors around here. I actually haven’t seen my son since Thursday and he lives here. I think lol. JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Comfort food before she left, sweet. The sauce was tasty, now I want access to more of her tomatoes. We just finished a bag of basic chicken patties. They went far, and we're easy. Not the most nutritious but in a pinch got my daughter fed between jobs.

      Delete
  5. Quiche, and sauce are always so welcome. You can make a quick good meal! Yeh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying to get better at cooking from my supplies, shopping mostly loss leaders. I'm not doing great at it though

      Delete

Join the conversation. Your comments are welcome. Dissenting and different opinions are welcome as makes for good conversation. I moderate comments to be sure I read them all and stay ahead of the spam. Advertising products or services without permission will be deleted, as will anything that may be harmful to others-read promotion of debunked "experts" and conspiracies. If you're a blogger, feel free to include your blog URL.