Saturday, November 5, 2022

Week in W's: Maybe Fall?

     The weather now is November like. Chilly and damp feeling. I'll be heading out soon to pick up sister's and we're off for the next 32 hours or so. As has been my Saturday, here's my week in W's.

What's Top of Mind:

  The midterm election is on my mind. I sometimes feel there's no hope for this country. When Ron Johnson says the rioters in January 6 we're just exercising their right to free speech. When not one republican leader denounced the attack in Nancy Pelosi's husband in her home, you know there's a divide that's a mountain to cross. I was equally horrified several years ago with the shooting at a congressional softball game. Despicable. I love what Hawaii Plan commented yesterday. "When you sub in any other issue, it just seems wild to me. At the end of the day, what kind of person do you want to be? Politics shouldn't change that." People getting violently angry and intimidating over political differences is going to get us no where fast. Allowing it to happen is just as bad. 

 Where I've been:
     I worked at my daughter's Thursday so DH could get loud stuff done without me being bothered. The puppy will be with DD1 all weekend so this saved her time coming to our house after work. Other outings were mom friends, church, lunch, and trivia. I'm just a social butterfly these days. 
  
 Where I’m going: 
      I know you know, girls/ sister weekend. It'll be a good couple days. I'll also do Doggie care at DD1s following his getting fixed on Monday and Tuesday likely. No sense stressing him moving again until he has a chance to heal a bit.  

What I'm eating:
     I'm not eating leftover candy. I'm just not. Ok a few pieces, or a few more. It must stop! I've had egg salad sandwiches several days. I'm pretty bored with them now. The tacos lasted forever. I want a good salad. 

What I’m watching:
     I finished House of the Dragon. Two years for another season? I may not care by that point. 

What I’m reading:

     I must start the book club book. Maybe Sunday night at my daughters, though I may just drive over Monday morning. 

What I’m listening to:

     DH getting ready and pup moving about. I think he misses the puppy. He'll be back for a few days! 

 What I’m planning:

     I'm starting to plan my Christmas budget, gift  list, and food. So many of you are so smart to think to put items away. I've bought holiday ginger ale. Likely a few bottles of wine will be purchased as I notice ones we like on sale. I'd really love to see my son, but with him not knowing his schedule and airfare going up continually that might not be realistic. Plus, with DD2 gone, he'd miss seeing her anyway. If it works out, great, but I don't want to get disappointed. 

Who needs a good slap:

     This still boils my blood. Walking the puppy on Wednesday I heard a women behind a fence playing with her yellow lab. Sweet. Next I hear a burley man just yelling at the dog, then saw him hit it with what looked like one of the tug rope toys. Apparently the dog wasn't performing how he wanted. I made sure to make noises and say loudly to the puppy, "good boy, you're being a good boy." Hitting an animal to train is horrific. 

Who Deserves Knuck's (Fist Bump):   

     I guess I'll give it to all the planners for the community Halloween parties and trunk and treat activities in our and surrounding communities. I think it's hard on kids and parents to fit things in in a school night. This way, both the kids had days of fun and a little t and t goes a long way. 

What’s making me smile:

      DD1 bought a bigger bed for her pup, seperate from the bed for in the crate. Can you get any sweeter? I keep my house cool, but she has hers a few degrees lower. This will be cozier for him. We're still looking for frugal and free things he can play and destroy with his chewing. He's done great not chewing things that aren't his. We want that to continue! 


     With that sweetness to hold you over, that what I got this week. Please play along if you'd like. 

21 comments:

  1. Such a sweet picture of the puppy snuggling in his bed. We bought a cozy one for Binx and he has yet to step one paw into it. Maybe when it gets a bit cooler, he will. He gets neutered Tuesday. I can't believe he's 8 months old already.
    Have a wonderful time on your girl's weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Daughter said he likes it, but still went to the cushion he had been favoring. It's been hard keeping the puppy from being active and he has 10-14 days of low activity required.

      Delete
  2. Gosh, that puppy is so cute! My husband and daughter are hitting me hard about getting another pet. I do miss having one but not the work and I know it’s crazy but I just want my Ruby back. She was the best and I don’t know if anyone else could ever compare. Haven’t been anywhere but work but DD is home this weekend and we went to dinner and caught up. I started a note on my phone with all the tea that needs to be shared in person so I don’t forget any of the juicy details ;) I know how you feel about waiting so long for the next season of a show. I think there’s three years between seasons two and three of Euphoria and it’s killing me. Work has been brutal-stop me if you’ve heard this before. The new SM has been taking a ton of time off and while I’m totally capable of doing her job, I’m not being compensated the way she is and I’m beyond frustrated. Employees are frustrated. I have a line of people who want to kick my butt for not taking the SM position when it was available, and I’m at the front of it. So slaps to me, I guess. She hired a new girl and had her come in while she was off. And it doesn’t even bother me that I had to learn on the fly how to do her onboarding, her I9, her direct deposit, but it wasn’t even on the SM’s radar that these things needed done or that the new hire had to bring certain documents with her. All that fell on my shoulders. The new hire is fantastic but she also a young mom and college student. Her schedule is not the most flexible but I think it’s worth working around it. SM was getting all huffy about it with me but everyone knows I have a soft spot for these high school/college girls and I immediately became her advocate. Her schedule is going to be changing routinely and what we hired her at now will be different next semester and over the holidays and yes, she may need a different day off for a final exam. I don’t think I’m in the wrong, but please tell me if I am! I hope you have a fabulous Sisters Weekend, that sounds amazing. Can’t wait to hear all about it! JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unless you personally are ready for 90% of the animal care, hold firm to No on the dog. I'm exhausted honestly and don't even have full care. Your new SM sounds like a bad hire right from the get him. I'm sorry. I

      Delete
  3. I'm having a sisters' lunch today (we all celebrate birthdays within a month of each other).

    So upset about the state of our country - looking forward to voting. Thankfully I live in a blue state, but I'm hoping that everyone realizes how much their vote matters and gets out to vote.

    It's going to be 74* for the next couple of days. My (retired) neighbor has been out blowing his leaves already (he started at 8:30 on a Saturday morning!!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leave blowing annoys me to no end. It's a yard, not a carpet. It gor chilly now here. More the usual.

      Delete
  4. I'm also getting started on Christmas shopping, and while we buy very few things, picked up a few items for the boys that they requested.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. More planning in my part for outside if my own family. I really just want down time over the holidays.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. I did pretty good avoiding it with my sister's.

      Delete
  6. This week I've been nowhere, except between work and home. No shops because I made everyone make do with what we had (much to their surprise no one starved). I have done a bit of shopping online to get ahead for Christmas, everyone has been warned that it will be a much leaner festive season this year.
    That is such a cute doggo. Megan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lean is a good way to describe my Christmas plans too. No one should mind. We've had new houses, trips with air travel, animals etc. The things we need is not more things.

      Delete
  7. Have fun with your sisters! Cindy in the South

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lots of laughs, but poignant moments too.

      Delete
  8. I hope you have an excellent sisters trip.
    I have not started House of the Dragon yet. Did you enjoy it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was intrigued with H of D. Enjoy was probably not the right word. I feel like I need to watch Game of thrones. Never saw a single episode.

      Delete
  9. It will be very important for us to get out and vote in this election. I was horrified over Nancy Pelosi’s husband’s attack.

    I also have “issues” with shows that wait a long time between seasons. The Fosters was a good show but by the time the new season would roll around, I’d forgotten everything.

    I’ve just started buying presents for Christmas. I wish I had been buying items all along. My problem is I buy something and then want to give it away right then. I need to work on that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Two more days now at this point until we'll see what new sh$&t show starts in state and national capitols. I'm not motivated to shop for presents because needs are for things that aren't wrappable.

      Delete
  10. Oh my, when you look over here about Ron Johnson you get him allowing vax injured to have a voice! On that basis I would vote for him in a split second. I guess it depends on what the msm choses to relay right!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's a piece of work and my guess is that was pandering for attention and votes.

      Delete
  11. Hitting a pet makes my blood boil

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation. Your comments are welcome. Dissenting and different opinions are welcome as makes for good conversation. I moderate comments to be sure I read them all and stay ahead of the spam. Advertising products or services without permission will be deleted, as will anything that may be harmful to others-read promotion of debunked "experts" and conspiracies. If you're a blogger, feel free to include your blog URL.