Monday, June 29, 2015

Frugality Needs to Get Real-but I'm Not Quite There

A New Frame of Reference: Frugality Needs to Get Real  Has it been 5 months already since I made the plunge and voluntarily took a 15% pay cut in exchange for what I hoped would less stress and  more personal time? The cash flow difference is actually $1,030, but because of better long term savings contribution, the negative net is $610.  Still, plugging holes to make up the difference has been hard, and August-January tend to be our more costly months. I'm rereading my own blog from the week I made it official and hope I can regroup in July.  I won't deny the cash reduction has not been without stress.  On the good side, we did not decrease 401K or Roth contribution and added an additional retirement fund.

2 comments:

  1. It sounds to me as though A New Frame of Reference is doing a pretty job of getting real! Plugging the holes may have been hard but are you less stressed and have you more personal time? Those are just as much part of reality as hard cash is. Has there been the hoped for benefit, both for you and for your family?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, but still striving for better overall purpose.I've added a bit too much lazy time. I think I was so physically and mentally drained by the time I left that it has taken me several months to refocus the extra time, but I'm getting there.

      Delete

Join the conversation. Your comments are welcome. Dissenting and different opinions are welcome as makes for good conversation. I moderate comments to be sure I read them all and stay ahead of the spam. Advertising products or services without permission will be deleted, as will anything that may be harmful to others-read promotion of debunked "experts" and conspiracies. If you're a blogger, feel free to include your blog URL.