Monday, June 29, 2015

Guest Post:J.K. Rowling Should Do a Harry Potter Spin Off

Today's post is guest inspired by DD#2, who I will call by name for a proper by line.  Meg is a reading junkie, and loves to read series books, and will not finish one book in a series unless she has the next in her possession, ready to read.  She has been rereading the Harry Potter series and has this plea. I say inspired, because she actually didn't sit and write this, more of a rant while I attempt to grab her words.  She has looked over my shoulder once or twice to make sure I didn't change her intent. 


While we waited in the car waiting to hear if my soccer game was going to be called for rain, I said we should go home for a while until the storm stopped.  Then I said, "Oh, cr..., I forgot a book." I figured I could grab one if we went home. I usually have a book with me but didn't tonight.  She said "no.". Then she asked me to come up with a blog topic.  I told her she should write about how J.K. Rowling should write a spin off series for Harry Potter because Harry Potter was amazing and there needs to be more books to tell more about the wizard world.  Just like my mom, she said, "no."  Madre, as I call her, asked me then to be her guest blogger.  

So If I wrote a spin off, I would start a new series about Harry's children.  It could also be about Luna and Neville, because she never said what really happened to them, other than Neville became a Hogwarts teacher. I really liked them both, and think there wasn't enough of either of them in the books. I never want a series to end when it is this good.  There are some series, books, movies, or T.V. shows that the writer drags out and after a while there is no plot any more. This was the show Heroes.  It originally was awesome, but then it got to where there was no plot, and creepy circus people with no explanation of why they were there.  It was painful to watch by the 4th season. Really, let it go away when it is still good before it get's awful.

But Harry Potter never did.  Yes, the stuff with Valdemort was done, but a spin off could be a whole new set of themes and characters, but built off the original premise. I might want to write a book some day. I have a few good ideas for books.  For now, I'd settle for just one more Harry Potter book to come out.  Or, my mom could buy us a couple tickets and we could go to London and see the new Harry Potter play. 

Thanks, blog people.  See Ya.  

Meg

2 comments:

  1. I will agree about needing another Harry Potter book. I would love it to go another direction and follow Neville's journey into adulthood.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be a good book- explire the other characters. I'm just happy she's a reader. What the Harry Potter series did was pretty amazing to bring young and adult, and international readers enjoying the plight of one incredible kid. I'm with Meg and would read more.

      Delete

Join the conversation. Your comments are welcome. Dissenting and different opinions are welcome as makes for good conversation. I moderate comments to be sure I read them all and stay ahead of the spam. Advertising products or services without permission will be deleted, as will anything that may be harmful to others-read promotion of debunked "experts" and conspiracies. If you're a blogger, feel free to include your blog URL.