Thursday, June 25, 2015

Lemonade Nights

It was a bit sour, after my bite of a Cadbury Digestive biscuit, but oh how I love a good sip of lemonade.  Mine had a little extra something in it.  As you can see, I'm taking advantage of another perfect Minnesota summer night and working outdoors.  The house is in complete shambles and I better collect a load of undies and get in the wash tonight or load only knows what DH will end up in tomorrow ( I have a new pair saved for just such  a purpose), but I really don't care.  I have had news again in recent days of people I know and care about dealing with terrible crisis's, and the passing of a a woman in the community that I knew and respected.  She died at just 70, unexpected, after a near decade of caring for her ill husband, who in the end, outlived her.  She finally really retired a few years ago, but still was a frequent volunteer with both her former church employer, and a local civic organization, which was almost like a second full time job.  She will be greatly missed by all of us in our community.

 I'm still reeling from the news of the shooting in Charleston with coverage of the first funeral today. The eulogy was given by the grandson of the victim, with love seeping from every word he spoke. News also covered another phase of the Aurora, Co killer's trial, and the Boston Marathon bomber.  So much hate.  Then I hear the words of love and caring even through the pain from that young man in front of the church, and I still have a little hope for mankind.

So this is why I say  "Who cares" if someone shows up at my door tonight unexpectedly despite the train wreck inside. I've got a couple spare chairs and loads of space on the steps on the deck to greet friends and family. There a few more clean  glasses and lots of ice and  lemonade for the pouring. I've got a fluffy pup at my feet, and a dear hubby who had supper waiting for me when I came in the door tonight. Life is just too short on earth to get caught up in petty details that matter naught. So grab a chair with a friend, uncork a bottle, or open a carton. Heck put the kettle on if the mood strikes you and take a sip of all the world has to offer. 

1 comment:

  1. It's so fun to see a photo of you - and such a cute one too. :) Your husband is the kindest man, how loving of him to greet you with a dinner ready. It's funny how we women do such things all the time and don't really think of them as an act of kindness, and when our husbands do it for us, it feels so special and helps to see our own actions in a different light...

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation. Your comments are welcome. Dissenting and different opinions are welcome as makes for good conversation. I moderate comments to be sure I read them all and stay ahead of the spam. Advertising products or services without permission will be deleted, as will anything that may be harmful to others-read promotion of debunked "experts" and conspiracies. If you're a blogger, feel free to include your blog URL.