Saturday, July 18, 2015

Selfie's


The selfie craze seems to be alive and well.  I usually manage to find about 3 more chins than I normally have, or am supposed to have, so personally, I'm not a fan.  DD#1 was proclaimed, "Queen of Selfie's" by my cousin.  She loves taking them for her Facebook or for Instagram.  She loves to show off her latest hair color, a new shade of lip stick, or up do.  She has a good confidence. DD#2 is more reserved, like her mom.  So the other night, it was kind of fun to sit with her on the deck and she tried out the self camera on my new cheap little laptop. A day or two earlier, I had tried it out by snapping a selfie of me enjoying a nice refreshing vodka lemonade, complete with pucker face. I won't be making a habit of selfies, but I feel like I needed to be self affirming and show my 14 year old that we are all camera ready, and can push aside our self criticism and have a little selfie confidence.




2 comments:

  1. Your selfies are way better than mine, I look like I'm seizing or choking on something. It's not a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well these were the best of the lot not deleted immediately.

      Delete

Join the conversation. Your comments are welcome. Dissenting and different opinions are welcome as makes for good conversation. I moderate comments to be sure I read them all and stay ahead of the spam. Advertising products or services without permission will be deleted, as will anything that may be harmful to others-read promotion of debunked "experts" and conspiracies. If you're a blogger, feel free to include your blog URL.