Here are some of my families culprits in recent weeks:
- Chipotle steak and barbacoa tacos and burritos on vacation-twice
- Grilled steak medallions for DH, Hot Hoagie with pepperoni, salami, and ham for me at a family dinner out last night with DH's mother
- Meat lovers pizza-yes, with pepperoni and sausage
- Steak Fajitas' on the wine club cruise Saturday night
- sausage gravy over biscuits grilled hamburgers-home and on vacation, big fat 1/4 pounders
- Beef stick snack for DD#2 after a race
I came across two packages of butternut chipotle ravioli at Aldis's for $1.99 a bag. It looks like a generous three servings. I have it bubbling in the oven with a low fat mushroom white sauce. I have 1/2 a large bag of mixed veg to make with it, and the last of a french bread loaf. I'm hoping it tastes as good as it sounds.
I have the ingredients for a black bean, corn, and tomato past salad for supper and or lunches. I'll mix that up tonight. We have an abundance of pears and peaches and low fat cottage cheese as well for sides to get a bit more protein with the beans. I haven't gotten beyond tonight and tomorrow with my planning. something with chicken, and probably something with ground beef-but cut what I might usually use by 1/4 to keep our portion per person to about 2-3 ounces. I worry though that DH will supplement what he doesn't get for supper with fast food burgers at lunch. Help me out readers. What are your go to, no red meat, low red meat, no processed-low processed meals, but on a budget? Who else hears or reads stories like this goes into part panic-part diet ninja mode?