Monday, June 26, 2017

Prepping for the Week Ahead

I have only Monday and Friday in the office and a very early flight tomorrow morning. I need to pack tonight and make sure everything on the home front is organized and ready for the week. I'm planning to make a chicken stir fry for supper tonight and while that cooks, a tuna hot dish and a ground turkey meatloaf. DD2 can heat those up for their supper tomorrow and Wednesday. There should be plenty from all three dinners for leftovers for Thursday. Last night I made sure all laundry was done and clean for the week.

DH does a fair share of household duties, but laundry beyond towels or his athletic stuff is not his forte. Neither is cooking other than pasta and frozen pizza. DD2 needs to get better and more comfortable in the kitchen, so it will be good for her to be in charge of the meals even if I give her a head start. There are frozen vegetables for steaming and I have a packet of instant mashed potatoes. We're stocked to the gills with easy lunch items. I'll probably grab a light dinner before getting on the plane Thursday and maybe some fruit for on route. Friday we'll just cobble together any odds and ends for supper and I'll do a minimal shop Saturday morning or even Friday night for the long 4th of July weekend, first looking through our cupboards and freezer to see what needs using up. We'll be up at the lake Sunday morning through Wednesday night.I mentioned in a comment on yesterdays post we need to stretch the budget until July 5th pay day. Challenge accepted.

I'm really only gone two nights since my plane leaves early morning and the conference doesn't start until early afternoon. I hope I have enough time to drop of my suit case and just walk the few blocks to the hotel where the conference is with just a single tote bag rather than lug the suitcase. We have a convoluted travel arrangement situation at work and for the second year in a row, our travel coordinator booked my hotel too late to get in at the main hotel. I don't really mind though, as it gives me a bit more away time after the meetings and such are done. I have a mix of clothes as I'm not completely sure how far we will be walking to dinner at night in the Dallas heat, but then both the conference rooms and the restaurants could be over air conditioned. I'll also bring work out wear and walking shoes-can't lose momentum. 

I've gotten out of practice traveling for work. Three years ago it was a regular occurrence. Now, I feel like I'm doing a load of planning to pull it off. Today will be a busy day at work, making sure nothing is left for chance while I'm out, and I know I'll be on e-mails each night I am away, just as I was last week. If I can't squeeze in a blog post or two, this might be it for a few days. Have a great week.

6 comments:

  1. Pack lots of cotton clothes and have a great work trip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip. I'm sure it will be as hot as I remember.

      Delete
  2. I hope that the conference is really interesting and that you have trouble-free journeys. Jx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So gar, it has bee good. The openings are usually kind of rah rah, and not new information, but I was in a very informative data systems meeting this afternoon,

      Delete
  3. I hate packing for anything. I suppose if I had to travel for work I would get good at it but as it stands I hate it. Oddly enough I don't mind unpacking. The worst though is the toiletries for me, although if the truth be told I would rarely be going somewhere where I couldn't get hold of something I had forgotten right? Hope you got to do a bit of site seeing though. Anna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We sort of are in the middle of nowhere, then it rained so just had dinner with colleagues at their hotel. Not real exciting, but I an getting a lot of work done despite being out of the office. I have work travel packing down pretty well-I need to be better at vacation travel packing and pack less.

      Delete

Join the conversation. Your comments are welcome. Dissenting and different opinions are welcome as makes for good conversation. I moderate comments to be sure I read them all and stay ahead of the spam. Advertising products or services without permission will be deleted, as will anything that may be harmful to others-read promotion of debunked "experts" and conspiracies. If you're a blogger, feel free to include your blog URL.