- Get the simple white flour pastas, bread,and rice off my plate.
- Drink 16 ounces of water to and from work each day. Eliminate caffeine after noon.
- Wind down without electronics before going to bed.
- Start my morning with 10 minutes of quiet meditation/reflection.
- Despite the cold, bundle up, walk at least two extra blocks.
My meals had too much white-pasta twice, crackers and the heels of bread in my makeshift lunches. I ate too much sugar as well. I think every bit of leftover Halloween candy might be gone from my house and the office bowls. Thanksgiving and Christmas haven't been big candy holidays in the office, so little temptation for sneaking pieces here and there like I've been doing. Focusing on my meals and snacks will be an ongoing effort.
Three of the walks with pup were a bit longer and we both feel good once we are home. I need to keep that mindset when I'm thinking of ending early. I still was on my computer too late, either watching something or doing work, so like my diet, my electronic detox needs to be a focus.
My weight seems to have stabilized in a less than happy place for me-four pounds more than my previous weight loss. Being more successful at the items above should help me knock a few pounds off by the end of the year without too much effort. Remind me of this in the comments please. I'm frustrated at myself because I was doing so well, and I alone let bad habits creep in. How did you do on your health goals this week?