Still, I know some weeks are like this and I must keep my head up. The show choir end of year finale show was Tuesday, though was not technically the finale for DD2 as she and team head to Branson on April 5th. It will be a long drive in the car for DH and I, but DH's mom may have invited herself along. I'm a little worried how to raise it, so am choosing to assume she was just making an off handed comment. The car ride is going to be long enough, but it would triple in length having to keep her occupied (lots of stories about people I do not know about things that aren't very interesting to begin with), not to mention the long day at the competition. Ironically, at the show choir finale, the all girls prep group sang the Andy Grammer song, "Keep Your Head Up." It's been buzzing around in my head all week. Thank you girls! Without further whining, time to list five things that were good this week to support my health and well being.
- The concert was a nice respite from the crazy entry back to work and school. Despite the rocky start to DD2's week, she put her heart and soul in this performance. I captured an in motion shot of their last song with last costume.
- Despite the frazzled week, it was very lovely that so many family members came to DD2's show. Having a family, even though they can drive us nuts, that supports each other, is a blessing I need to remember to show my gratefulness for.
- I think I have pretty good job security. As mentioned above, such minor things escalated because people did not know, or chose to ignore, how to intervene. Ignorance is not a virtue. While two things ate up half a day each, they are resolved and parties have moved on.
- I managed not to eat or drink my weight in chocolate and wine. I did have a few chocolate nibbles, but the wine bottles stayed put until this weekend.
- Not eating too much chocolate, not drinking wine, I managed to lose a hole .5 of a pound. I'll take it. My March weight loss is 2.5 pounds
We're all in the home stretch of March. It did not feel like the start of spring despite what the calendar said. Snow flakes blowing around, another round of freezing night temperatures make me think we are still a long ways from spring, green, and flowers. Still, it will come. The weekend is soon here and I am happy for that.