Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Where Did I Go?

If you are a regular reader, you might remember me saying something about going to San Diego for work. I left Monday morning and the pace of the conference, meetings, staying on top of work back in the office, and the two hour time zone difference is really kicking my butt. I did a two hour presentation this morning-at 8:00! I don't really have much to write about as it really has been work, work, work, to my annoyance with some of my colleagues, which I may write about later. For now, my sight seeing consists of views from my window or the outside pool area. I talked to DH briefly. The weather is his cup of tea-not too warm, slightly overcast but with pops of sun. By pure luck, I got a room on the club level with free access tot he club lounge. This meant I could grab free breakfast there, refuel on coffee as needed, and have saved a lot of precious time and money-my own and my employers. The hotel is full, so some of us just got the break! 

Here's a few pictures. Hopefully I can write some real posts later in the week, but not likely before I get home and slightly caught up. 







12 comments:

  1. Lucky you, being able to get breakfast so easily.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The time savings was key. The conference breakfast was located in an obscure off site location from the meeting rooms.

      Delete
  2. That's what we call: 'combining work with pleasure'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The weather and view sure made work pleasurable.

      Delete
  3. Love it when I get club access when traveling for work! Mostly it just cuts down on the expense items I have to log, & it makes things so much more pleasant. I also appreciate just having a place to sit & relax when i have a small break between events. Enjoy your trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was convenience for me and expenses for both. I didn't buy $4 coffees and dinner one night I just had the appetizers,really a meal as there was soup and salad, with a colleague. We both wanted to take a nice long walk and were peopled out.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. The harbour was lovely. I could retire in a boat perhaps.

      Delete
  5. It is very nice to get to enjoy the perks of club level occasionally. Expenses aside it is nice to be able to grab coffee or a snack on a whim rather than having to order and wait.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The large picture windows on either side provided a calming view.

      Delete
  6. I absolutely LOVE San Diego and wish we could go more. That is almost the perfect weather for me but I like it a little cooler - San Francisco has the perfect weather, I just didn't like living in the city. Hopefully you can get out and enjoy a little of San Diego - if not, just enjoy your view from the window :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went for dinner Monday with a group to Old Town but otherwise just took walks along harbour. That was wonderful.

      Delete

Join the conversation. Your comments are welcome. Dissenting and different opinions are welcome as makes for good conversation. I moderate comments to be sure I read them all and stay ahead of the spam. Advertising products or services without permission will be deleted, as will anything that may be harmful to others-read promotion of debunked "experts" and conspiracies. If you're a blogger, feel free to include your blog URL.