Tuesday, December 11, 2018

December Positively Tuesday Recap

I didn't intend for back to back personal accountability posts, and that's all they are, personal. I find I hold myself much more accountable to making progress on goals and ambitions if I bring you all along for the ride. December is just clipping along and not at a snail's pace. In the warmth of the Christmas lights, I'm looking back over the past week in recap of my December goals.

  1. Try a new recipe and blog about it. Nothing yet, but found a new appetizer recipe and will try as part of my families early Christmas. . 
  2. Read a book for fun, even if it is one I already have read. We selected The Winter Loon for the book club. My daughter is reading it then passing on to me. I have a title to read!. 
  3. Write towards completing my book at least 10 hours cumulatively. Nothing in the past week. I am not happy about my lack of progress on this goal. 
  4. Limit TV/streaming/YouTube to not more than 6 hours during the week, and 6 total on weekends. There is just too much other stuff to do in December, and if I have a free night, going to bed early would be a good thing. This was a little bit of a bust since Friday night after the kids went to bed, I watched back to back movies on Netflix-nearly 3 1/2 hours. I was also not feeling great on Saturday afternoon and laid down for a bit with Hallmark or Lifetime or something on the television. . 
  5. Other than a holiday lunch for my team, my gift to them, no eating out or morning coffee stops (work days). I had a coffee meeting yesterday morning, but it really needed to be off site at a neutral location. I packed lunch and brought my own coffee each day last week. I'm counting this Green still since it was a meeting.
  6. Cook two meals at once at least once per week.  Unless I count leftovers, this was a bust..
  7. Pack and actually eat, two servings of fruit and veg to my lunch each day. Pretty good here. 
  8. Add a midday outside walk, every day if possible, even if only around the building. My body craves some natural light when I leave and come home in the dark. Three of four days in the office last week, so since I said, "if possible" I'll count as green. 
  9. Fit in a 10-15 minute yoga video in at least 2 times per week, This has gone by the wayside and by body feels it. Boo-again, I came short here.. 
  10. Not gain any weight. I'm frustrated with myself for putting back on the five pounds lost on vacation, and being so close to the weight again I was two years ago, my heaviest. 2019 has to be the year I get my weight in check. Holding steady at least in December, despite the treats and calorie laden food, will boost my confidence heading into January. So far, so good, and if I could get more exercise in, that would certainly help. 
My focus needs to be on exercise. I know I was mope all weekend after the accident, minor that it was. I appreciate the kind words, particularly form those of you recently involved in being hit from behind. I feel awful I was the one to cause the mishap, and now I'm a little skittish in commuting. But, it's Positivity Tuesday and I need to keep thinking how fortunate I was that it was so minor. What's been on your plate that challenges your positive attitude lately. 

7 comments:

  1. I've found myself completely out of sorts with the accident, and not working out. Not working out completely impacts my energy level. I've committed to doing something tonight after work. I need the energy boost, and my body needs the work out!

    As for the rest of December, things are moving along well!

    Good luck with your goals. Things are looking positive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Saturday was mot the productive day I had hoped, but some thing were done. By the end of the weekend. the month is half done-too fast.

      Delete
  2. It is scary after an accident. It takes a while. Don't be too hard on yourself. I really like the walking videos you can get on youtube. Try one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Walking videos on YouTube? do you watch then walk? Walk while walking? I'm confused.

      Delete
  3. Things are looking pretty good on your list! You can only do so much and on occasion you need back to back netflix movies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need a diet from any television, streaming for a few days though. Too much of a good thing-not a good thing.

      Delete
  4. I am regular reader, how are you everybody? This piece of
    writing posted at this site is really good.

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation. Your comments are welcome. Dissenting and different opinions are welcome as makes for good conversation. I moderate comments to be sure I read them all and stay ahead of the spam. Advertising products or services without permission will be deleted, as will anything that may be harmful to others-read promotion of debunked "experts" and conspiracies. If you're a blogger, feel free to include your blog URL.