Friday, April 19, 2019

Winding Down the Week

I'm missing another day off work today due to the volume of things that need to get done and a meeting I have to cover this afternoon. It ends at 3:00 and is downtown, so it puts me 15 minutes closer to home. I'll head home after, log in for any urgency's, and then call it a work week done. 

DH got thrown a curve ball on the door yesterday, so now we are delayed again. I'm very frustrated and wish we would have just bit the bullet last fall instead of the piece meal solution. I'm also worried the deck and patio situation won't be able to be resolved in time for our daughters party. The additional snow, then rain has pushed back other work orders so we do not yet have a firm date. I don't want a pile of muck in order to get seed or even some sod back down and some basic landscaping. If we can't have that done by mid May, we most likely will need to hold off. 

The flooring and appliances though should be on track, We have items picked out and once the installation is done on the floor, we'll schedule the appliance delivery and installation which we are told can happen fairly quickly. I'm on an eight week count down, but not in manic mode yet. There is tons of deep clean inside stuff to be done and if not one thing gets completed on the home improvements, things at least will be orderly. 

That is the focus of my weekend, clean purge, and clean some more. I'm also going through digital pictures to create a slide show that will just run on a loop during the party. My daughter needs to decide what pictures she wants to go on her poster she makes that is displayed at the school, but I'll do a few for the house as well. That reminds me to check in with my sister on her  cricket cutter, or however you say that. She has templates that can cut numbers so I thought doing 2019, covered in pictures would be really easy, but fun.  I want to get the snail mail invites out around the first week of May so will order them, once DD2 gives the stamp of approval. 

DD1 offered to set up regular walking times with me. I hope we can organize our schedules to do so. I am borrowing her oven to bake my egg bakes on Saturday and then I'll just bring them to rewarm to my sisters. We can probably explore her neighborhood while they are in the oven, unless she is busy. I'd like some pictures for a future cooking post. Whatever your plans are, I hope the sun is shining and you find time with family, friends, or just solitude and peace for yourself. Happy Good Friday!


6 comments:

  1. I think it's nice DD1 is offering to walk with you. I know you have a lot on your plate but I think sometimes a little self-care doesn't go amiss does it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that will be nice. She is a good conversationalist.

      Delete
  2. Home renos are never easy. We had to remove our stove yesterday as the people who did our laminate came and fixed it in a couple of places as it had floated - never ending story there. We also ordered carpet for the bedrooms - 3 bedrooms for $4700 ouch but it has a huge association with our happiness. We are both not looking forward to installation day as need to clean out all 3 rooms and try and find space in the rest of the house for it. We are moving all the furniture ourselves except a couple of really heavy pieces but our lives will be hell - so we are spacing it over 2 days, hopefully a thursday and friday so we have all weekend to put it back together. That is part of the reason we haven't redone our carpet until now is how much havoc installation will cause. Won't it be great to have a stove again? At least I cleaned behind the stove when we had to move it - another cleaning duty off the Spring cleaning list

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We may end up doing three bedrooms as well because the deal may be too good to turn down.That would really force a purge!

      Delete
  3. I hope everything goes as planned for your celebration, I had a friend who had this problems and ended up renting a Knights of Columbus lodge for less then $100.00 as her place was still torn up. You might check around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That wouldn't be my way. If I'm not crazy it wouldn't be a party by me. I actually did my oldest two's baptism lunches at church because it was winter and we had a tiny house. They were nice.

      Delete

Join the conversation. Your comments are welcome. Dissenting and different opinions are welcome as makes for good conversation. I moderate comments to be sure I read them all and stay ahead of the spam. Advertising products or services without permission will be deleted, as will anything that may be harmful to others-read promotion of debunked "experts" and conspiracies. If you're a blogger, feel free to include your blog URL.