Friday, June 7, 2019

Thank You and Today is the Day

For those that read my post from a couple days ago, thanks you for the kind words, the thoughts, and the sentiments of support for my daughters graduating class and our community. It truly is a devastating  loss of a young soul. Please keep his family, and all those who have lost or nearly lost loved ones to suicide, in your thoughts and prayers if your custom and continue to be there for those that might need an ear to listen and an eye to watch out for them. The rest of the class will move forward and graduation is tonight.

I spent four hours after work helping to decorate the commons and the hallways for the party. It is a Hawaii/Island type theme. We had several mishaps with tying to string paper lanterns and flowers across the commons area-twice two strings fell. I have to drop DD2's poster off this morning so it can be hung in the hallway between the gym and commons. Many were already done and hanging, but of course  she is still finishing hers this morning. She and friends decorated the top of their caps-hers has a saying from The Hobbit, "I'm going on an adventure!" That she will. 

Her friends mom is a photographer and the other night she staged a photo shoot, trying out new props and ways to capture moments-even if created. They ended with a cake smash, both covered in cake. I'm looking forward to the pictures. She's spent every day this week with friends, lapping up those final days before next week when she starts her job. She will only be working about 15-20 hours a week and is on call to help my sister at the golf course she manages as well. Hopefully she can set aside a good little chunk of money to help towards her personal expenses and the additional costs of studying abroad as  is her plan for a semester her junior year. 

We'll all need a rest before graduation, but I've got a tidy to do list this morning. Things are shaping up-not perfect, but good enough. I'm watching the extended forecasts. Her party's a week away so I can't trust anything, but as of now, it is a minimal chance of rain. Today and tomorrow are supposed to be sunny and hot, but then rain moves in on Sunday. Here's hoping your weekend is filled with more sun than showers. 


14 comments:

  1. So exciting for you & your family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been-and for her with all her friends.

      Delete
  2. I missed your previous post. So sorry for the loss of such young person. I am not a parent but I was and still am somebody's child. I know nothing is ever stronger a tie to life than parents' unconditional love and care. Things are even harder for the new generations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Suicide can effect anyone at any time. It could be friends or family. I guess we all just do the best we can to support the ones in our life.

      Delete
  3. I'm so sorry about the loss of your daughter's classmate. Our community suffered the loss of a 17 year old this past week. She had just graduated in May. Hers was from a pulmonary embolism. So very sad for all involved in both communities.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No matter the how, it is sad. For this child, I feel so bad for the pain he was going through and what pain his family now has.

      Delete
  4. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you for no rain. It can be really iffy can't it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm getting a little nervous as we have had two grad party weekends with perfect weather. Will my luck hold out?

      Delete
  5. I'm just catching up on reading. So sad about the loss of another young person. It's been about a year since our nephew committed suicide. It's so hard to understand, as he had a loving family and lots of good friends. Enjoy your dd's graduation time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel awful for his family. I hope you are all healing-it is so hard for family.

      Delete
  6. Congrats to your youngest and to you and Hubs for surviving getting #3 through. Now to get her through college.... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes-that will be the key, and then on to real adulting.

      Delete
  7. I too offer warmest congratulations

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a long, but nice ceremony. Thank you.

      Delete

Join the conversation. Your comments are welcome. Dissenting and different opinions are welcome as makes for good conversation. I moderate comments to be sure I read them all and stay ahead of the spam. Advertising products or services without permission will be deleted, as will anything that may be harmful to others-read promotion of debunked "experts" and conspiracies. If you're a blogger, feel free to include your blog URL.