Tuesday, October 22, 2019

Positively Tuesday-Letting the Days Just Happen

     Today we have a follow-up appointment for DD2 from her spine x-ray  she had before she went to school. The curvature was 26 degrees, which is enough to warrant  further assessment. Nothing ever showed on any previous physicals so I'm not sure if newly developed or just never caught or even looked for. We'll see if they prescribe physical therapy, or just will continue to watch for nay changes. Wort case scenario could be a brace of some sort, but we'll pass that bridge if we come to it. since we'll be in the big city, we think we're going to go for lunch at a favorite Italian place, and perhaps a museum or two. For the most part since when has been home, we've just let the days happen. She has slept in and I think slept better than she has for a couple months. She says her dorm is always loud, her next door neighbors particularly, who she says don't seem to be able to talk-everything is sort of a shout. She was able to see a couple friends from high school who were also home for the weekend, but didn't really see her friends that are still in high school, though that could still be in her plans before Thursday. I'm doing an hour or so of work this morning, enough to take care of a couple issues that would cause nags for me later, but for the most part, trying to not think about what might be accumulating in the office.

     After a gorgeous weekend, yesterday was rainy. Again, she slept in while I got a few tasks done around the house, and some blogging catch-up. One she was up, both of us showered and fed, we took off for the day, no schedule or agenda in  mind. We had lunch out and stopped in the game store. I plan to buy the game Catan as a family gift for when everyone is home, but will probably send it back to school with her unless DD1 thinks she would use. She was going to get a haircut, but Fantastic Sam's was closed, so we'll defer that to later today or tomorrow. We did a Target wander and  bought some things for pampering, skin and eye masks, nail polish, and then went to the library. She and a friend are going to read a book together and discuss. She is so collegiate! Well this book wasn't in her school library so she is borrowing and will return at Thanksgiving, renewing once. We took the dog for a long walk then settled in for movies, pops corn and did our nails, a rare thing for us both. I had made a big pot of wild rice soup before she had even gotten up, so a late supper with a take and bake baguette to enjoy was easy

     It's nice not having plans, but I do sense she is getting back in her college mindset. I think the weekend was fun because she could hang with her sister and then with back to back friend nights. Yesterday was just sort of lazy and a no brain day, but I could hear her phone notifications going off from college friends. We'll enjoy today and tomorrow and then have the long drive on Thursday. It will be nice to meet another friend of hers, but they need to get repacked for the camp weekend as their van leaves at 12:00. I guess breaks need to be just that-a break from her routine, realizing she does have a new routine. She's the same kid, but her world is wider and broader, if just  a bit. I'm pleased school is going well. 

6 comments:

  1. I think this a marvelous idea: no plans Tuesday. I hope you do this every week. I'm guessing it's great on the complexion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I won't be taking a week away form work for quite a while and then will be on a real vacation, but good for this week.

      Delete
  2. SO happy you are having a nice time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't having no plans wonderful. My weeks are pretty full with different classes but it has been nice so far not having anything planned as it is autumn break. And we have our next board game evening at my place on Saturday. It'll be too late for this time but I think I will check Catan out - I'm always up for suggestions!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Back to reality next week, and I am growing my fall to do list and will spend Friday and Saturday getting my house in order, and preparing for a hectic week back in the office. Pay to play I guess.

      Delete

Join the conversation. Your comments are welcome. Dissenting and different opinions are welcome as makes for good conversation. I moderate comments to be sure I read them all and stay ahead of the spam. Advertising products or services without permission will be deleted, as will anything that may be harmful to others-read promotion of debunked "experts" and conspiracies. If you're a blogger, feel free to include your blog URL.