Wednesday, November 13, 2019

Clearing My Head-Worry Doesn't Solve Things

  
I worked out solve atrial solutions, though it will take a few weeks to determine if there is enough fix available to solve a $780,000 problem. It's a situation where I, my work, doesn't technically own it, but we will own the fall out of the other organizations  mess. To that end, I'll keep looking with a fine tooth comb at any possible solutions, big and small, that nip away. I'd be less stressed if I felt like my connections are carrying the worry them selves. I actually had "FYI" in the e-mail. This isn't a situation where you just casually tell someone, "Hope your day is going well. Oh by the way, we're going to need another $580,000 on top of the $200,000, after you already solved $600,000 of our problem. FYI." Yes, it was about that flippant. I will find what solutions I can, and see what the remainder of the year will look like.

     I got a good night sleep though. Worrying isn't going to find a solution and me being tired isn't going to help me do the rest of the job well. My boss and team were a really good support. I've final learned that holding the pressures, particularly in the work place to myself, is not required. Even just talking out loud, sharing the remediation steps from when the problem was first identified, getting it out of my head and being affirmed that I have down a darn good job so far helping them fix, helped me move on. 

     It was cold, but a long walk with pup, who was happy as can be, helped clear my head. I also caught a few minutes of "A League of their Own." DH bargained for free ShowTime for three months. Actually for my birthday later this month, DD1 is taking me to a movie and food theater to the same movie one of my favorites. Someone posted about their mom serving in the military in WWII, and my career is a result of the many women that went into the work force to take the place of men overseas. I love this movie as another  look at how life in the US moved on in war, and how women were at the core. Dinner tonight will be an easy burrito bowl or burritos depending on how DH makes his when he is home. I'll walk pup then eat, or I might have to bring my "fake out" Chipotle with me to Trivia. Trivia is a good brain clearer as well, and likely my last opportunity to play this month since I travel next week and then it's Thanksgiving week. 

     What do you all do to clear your head so you don't let worry consume you? Are you like me, and try and own too much of problems not of your own creation? Any tips for moving on that worked for you? Is anything keeping you awake nights right now? Don't keep it inside! Share in the comments. 

8 comments:

  1. Sewing relaxes me completely. I need to get my sewing machine set up.

    Did you know that only men could be bank tellers before WWI? Women did not the head for numbers and all that counting money. When the men came back, the women were paid so little and it was now "women's work" so they never came back to their jobs.

    My mother served in WWII. Before that, she made airplane bearings at a converted For plant in Memphis.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did not know that, and I guess it makes senses since so few women were in the work force and the general attitude then-and perhaps now. Of course wages stayed low. Interesting and frustrating as I'm sure a man made a decent living when they held the jobs.

      Delete
  2. I have to admit I'm lucky never to have been a worrier, but I have always been a list maker and that helps tremendously (gets it out of your head I suppose). Oh that and getting out for a walk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying to get better at not worrying, because it does not solve the issues. I more like to think I ponder creative solutions to resolve.

      Delete
  3. I work, I sew, I walk,I get involved in a project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Walking is a good head clearer. Pup is annoying to walk with but he is a distraction. I'd like to be able to do a long true hike when my mind is filled.

      Delete
  4. To clear my head I either play the piano or put music on really loud and sing. Or beat the ever lovin' $&*! out of the punching bag in the basement

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I need, a real punching bag. I can see that would work a charm.

      Delete

Join the conversation. Your comments are welcome. Dissenting and different opinions are welcome as makes for good conversation. I moderate comments to be sure I read them all and stay ahead of the spam. Advertising products or services without permission will be deleted, as will anything that may be harmful to others-read promotion of debunked "experts" and conspiracies. If you're a blogger, feel free to include your blog URL.