Saturday, August 15, 2020

Trying for Laughs

     Guess what folks? There is not some "they" trying to control the human race. I really find those tin foil hat people the silliest of all, even more so than people who  minimize  Covid as a little sniffle and sore throat. I find it mildly amusing to picture  the conspiracy theorists making up planning scenarios that included getting people to wear masks as a sort of mind control. It's just a stupid virus, not unlike others in 10,000 years of human history. Albeit, this one is trickier, stubborn, beyond what our scientists have dealt with before. I have faith though that new things are being learned every day, and efforts to try and figure out what keeps the most people safe, while keeping the world running are being explored, granted with different degrees of success, but some success none the less. Once it was clear this was not an easy to contain illness,  wrong steps were perhaps taken, treatments found then debunked, and yet the  geniuses that know this stuff, are still persevering, working  what I can bet are long hours, and seven day weeks. I am rooting for them 10 times, no,  100 times 10 times harder than I've ever rooted for anything in my life to find success. 

     Still, despite my faith that the human race will prevail, I have sad days. Blue days. Days were the black dog occupies my house. I'm trying things to help. I'm staying off negativity of Facebook, and have unfollowed anyone that is posting propaganda and hate. I'm trying to eat better-both healthy food, but the occasional treat. I'm trying to watch less negative things, though got sucked into The Crown. I'm going to get that darn bike fixed, even if I have to venture into the cities. (That's what we small town people refer to Minneapolis and St Paul, though people that live in more greater Minnesota would probably consider where I live part of  the cities as well. ) Then just you wait. I'll be tooling around with a smile on my face, not that  people will see it with my mask on, but it will be there. And I'm looking for other things that bring me smiles and even make me laugh. My sister posted this on Facebook. I don't know where it came from, but I hope it makes you smile as well. 


14 comments:

  1. Love it! And, wish we were closer, as Nick would love to look at your bike. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I put ISO post for a local bike fixer for tires. I'd ne happy paying savvy kid!

      Delete
  2. Well, words of wisdom of 2020. I like the Road Ronner joke the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was a favorite. Also the 6 foot pole quip!

      Delete
  3. Ha ha, I like what your sister pointed. If you can maintain your sense of humour you can get through anything!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read the first paragraph and you say "this one is trickier, stubborn, beyond what our scientists have dealt with before". Do you think maybe part of it is that the population has grown so much and there are more people that can and do get sick and more people that can and do pass it around? Also, could it be that people use to be more practical in following the advice of experts and now everyone is to worried about themselves rather than the common good? Who knows? I too have put people on a 30-day time out on Facebook if they are being negative or spouting their politics. I've been doing ALOT of Zentangle and that really helps me with stress. I can't wait for this heat to die down so I can get back to daily walks. Stay strong, stay positive and stay healthy! We got this! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That could well have a lot to do with it. I'll research zentangle sounds interesting.

      Delete
  5. Yeah, the tinfoil hat people are weird. I needed those laughs. And, Tommy was laughing hard, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha Ha I like the one that says, "I'm going to stay up New Years Eve this year, not to see the new year end, but to make sure this one leaves!"

    My sentiments exactly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No doubt! 2020 was a train wreck already in January. I have never bern so excited to turn s calendar page.

      Delete
  7. I love those funnies particularly the one about wearing the mask and gloves in the grocery store!
    I'm constantly amazed by all those conspiracy theories, some people are seriously strange! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen that one plenty of times and get a chuckle each time. Your take on the Stay at Home/Safe at Home, quarantine however we want to describe is a lesson in patience and riding out a storm in grace.

      Delete

Join the conversation. Your comments are welcome. Dissenting and different opinions are welcome as makes for good conversation. I moderate comments to be sure I read them all and stay ahead of the spam. Advertising products or services without permission will be deleted, as will anything that may be harmful to others-read promotion of debunked "experts" and conspiracies. If you're a blogger, feel free to include your blog URL.