Sunday, October 17, 2021

Meals When I Just am Not Feeling Food

       


     The purging of the house and trying to deep clean a few rooms has a side benefit- I just don't have an appetite. I realized when 2:00 came around in Saturday, I should probably eat something. I found a burrito in the freezer I had made weeks ago with leftovers from Taco Tuesday. I would have been happy with a piece of toast later, but pulled something together for us. I am in the chaos zone of purging the extra bedroom, still deciding what will go, and where I'll put what stays. I fear I've  made college kids room worse by hauling in things from the other room temporarily and not sure how much I'll get done each night this week and today. I need my kid to feel like she has a respite when she's home next week, so need to get this round of chaos resolved by Thursday night. So what about meals?  Easy is my thinking!

  • Grilled sausage in rolls with side salad 
  • Chili (challenge) and grilled cheese 
  • Frozen or Take and bake pizza
  • Steamed veg, rice, and chicken tenders 
  • Crockpot pasta ( and using a liner)  
  • Hamburgers and air fryer home cut fries
  • Leftovers 

     I plan on nothing that takes long to prep or cook, easy to keep warm for DH. We have a $5 off $50 spend at our local grocery store so I might let DH run amok with a short list of things we need, and let him get his fun things and any loss leader se finds as a good deal. If I sound apathetic towards any meal prep what so ever, it's because I am. Yesterday kicked my butt and I fear I won't be as productive as I need to be today. Meals don't need to add to my  frazzle.






14 comments:

  1. I have yet to jump on the air fryer bandwagon, but the range for our new place has a built in air fryer. I am excited to give it a try, especially because I make a lot of oven baked fish and homemade chips. It's hard for me to get them as crispy as I like unless I use the broiler. And, in all my years of cooking, I still have yet to master getting the broiling time on *any* oven I have just right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your oven feature is pretty 🦋 interesting. I use my air fryer as much as crock pot now

      Delete
  2. I'm impressed that you're still going to cook! I often leave J to fend for himself in that situation, and have a bowl of cereal myself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I haven't cooked yet, so might end up with a lot of take out!

      Delete
  3. As you purge and deep clean, "may the Power be with you"! Exhausting but rewarding isn't it? Although I purged quite a bit last year, there is always more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Things literally are coming out of walls. I feel like it will be an ongoing job

      Delete
  4. I've been so unmotivated for cooking lately. I've enjoyed baking, but dinner prep has been so tiring & nothing sounds good. I'm also fighting off a head cold, so I've been drinking a lot of smoothies. They work when I need something, & my throat hurts.

    Good luck with your projects!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're fortunate to have a new chef. He sure makes some delicious sounding meals. I hope you feel better.

      Delete
  5. nothing that takes long to prep, easy to keep warm, and don't need to add to my frazzle. Like my men.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine too, but he sure can help me feel frazzled.

      Delete
  6. It is awful for me to be in the mood for cottage cheese and a piece of cold chicken and feel like I have to make a meal for Tommy. Most days, I pull something together. Other days, I tell him to find him some dinner in the refrigerator.

    My decluttering won't yield much of a mess because I have little here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could just graze and be happy and skip cooking. What did Tommy do before you moved in?

      Delete
  7. Dinners again? Fish today, pork roast in the crockpot, then leftover pork fried up as a hash, served with a fried dippy egg, spaghetti with meat sauce, and a new recipe-kielbasa and pierogies in the crockpot with a creamy sauce. Daughter also wants to make spinach dip, which I would eat as a dinner lol and pasta salad. Deep cleaning is exhausting. You remind me that I wan to contact our library to see if they take book donations. I believe they do, or did before Covid. They have a twice a year book sale and I think the donations they don’t take for the shelves they put towards that. Actually contacting them might motivate me. Maybe :/ JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Imagine people we love be with want to eat every day! My books need to keep getting culled.

      Delete

Join the conversation. Your comments are welcome. Dissenting and different opinions are welcome as makes for good conversation. I moderate comments to be sure I read them all and stay ahead of the spam. Advertising products or services without permission will be deleted, as will anything that may be harmful to others-read promotion of debunked "experts" and conspiracies. If you're a blogger, feel free to include your blog URL.