Monday, January 1, 2024

New Year-New Start-New Blog

     


It's a New Year. I decided I'd give blogging another go, but under a new blog. The new blog will serve in part as a form of journaling, partly as an accountability tool to not get bogged down in wanting my old life back when that's not possible, and partly as just hobby. I appreciate everyone's kind words from that last September post. I just needed to walk away for a bit. 

     Fall was particularly hard as it was supposed to be our new start with DH in retirement. Our anniversary was in October followed by my daughter's birthday, my November birthday and Thanksgiving, and then Christmas to get through. I got Covid between Christmas and New Year's, still feel pretty lousy, but had already decided I wanted to see the New Year in alone, so no plans were changed on my part. You can see why my mind was not in a good place, but days in bed gave me a lot of thinking time.

     This site is going to end but if you are interested, I'm staring fresh on a new page. I don't know how often I'll post, how long it'll go, but visit me if you would like at Sam Squared. Thank you all again for your kindness. 

7 comments:

  1. Good to hear from you Sam. I will change my blog roll now. Wishing you the best in 2024.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Sam, This is kind of a split comment. I just added Sam Squared to my Blogger Reading List (it worked--your initial post just showed up in my list!), and added a comment over there. A new beginning is exciting, but your closing this blog made me think of all the enjoyable posts I have read here, and your comments on my blog. --Jim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sam, and I'm glad to see you back. You really have had the most awful year and I don't blame you for wanting to take a break from blogging. That being said, I'm glad you're back and hope you'll be over covid and feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great News! We all missed you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was just thinking about you and how much I enjoyed your writing and hoped you were doing ok. I will definitely be following your new blog! ColoradoGirl

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good to hear, look forward to following along.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Starting anew with a blog, using it as a journal, accountability tool, and hobby. Reflecting on tough times, finding clarity in solitude.
    Thanks for sharing with us. Image cutout

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation. Your comments are welcome. Dissenting and different opinions are welcome as makes for good conversation. I moderate comments to be sure I read them all and stay ahead of the spam. Advertising products or services without permission will be deleted, as will anything that may be harmful to others-read promotion of debunked "experts" and conspiracies. If you're a blogger, feel free to include your blog URL.